Complaint Review: Wilhelmina, Trans Continental

• Submitted: Wed, June 18, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, June 18, 2003

• Reported By:Ahoskie North Carolina
Wilhelmina, Trans Continental
1701 Park Center Drive Orlando FL 32835 Orlando, Florida U.S.A.

Wilhelmina, Trans Continental Models $3500 ripoff scam from Wilhelmina AKA Trans Continental Idiot Enrollment Norfolk Virginia

My son was scouted by a Wilhelmina "Scout" at a restaurant in Virginia Beach.... he was flattered... we all were! His uncle had been a legitimate scout in the eighties and early nineties ... and Peter is very good looking!

But being a 19 year old, I thought he could learn a few things from the situation through wisdom. We went to the "open call" which was packed.... and of course, Peter was one of the lucky ones who would be receiving a phone call from the agency for a final interview.

When they called him... they also demanded $995 to begin the process then 19.95 each month with a ten year contract to them!!!

WHOA.... FLAGS were flying everywhere for me....

I had decided that I could and would INVEST $500 for Peter if this was legitimate, but wanted to speak to my wife and have them call then next day! NO>>> they had to have the money today, although they were willing to take the $500 and wait for the remaining $495.....

Peter used his brain and told them no... we don't make instant decisions..... we think through them....

I am very perturbed that they wasted our time ... we later looked on line and found out how foolish this scam was. I would love to see them absolutely go under and anytime I am near MacArthur Mall in Norfolk VA... you had better believe I will have flyers to run over to their business one block away... and try and save some peoples time and money!!!!

Danny
Ahoskie, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2003 12:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wilhelmina-Trans-Continental/Orlando-Florida-32835/Wilhelmina-Trans-Continental-Models-3500-ripoff-scam-from-Wilhelmina-AKA-Trans-Continent-61059. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wilhelmina, Trans Continental