Complaint Review: Wilhite Solar Solar Solutions

• Updated: Thu, March 08, 2012

• Reported By: driley05 — Pineville Louisiana United States of America
Wilhite Solar Solar Solutions
9335 Ellerbe Rd Shreveport, Louisiana United States of America

Wilhite Solar Solar Solutions http://www.wilhitesolar.com/contact.html SOLAR SYSTEMS NOT WORKING AS ADVERTISED COMPLETE FRAUD Shreveport, Louisiana

*Consumer Comment: Response to driley issue with solar

*Author of original report: response to ken

*Consumer Suggestion: You should have a meter that measures your solar production.

Over the past two years I have had two solar power systems installed by Wilhite Solar Solutions.  The first a 3.2 Kilowatt unit and a year later a 2.8 Kilowatt unit plus battery back up.  I have tried to work with this company as well as the local power company and have not had any success.
   I have reports from the power company going back to two years before the systems and every month since and not only has my usage kilowatt hours not gone down but in some months actually gone up.
   This same company has a TV ad with the customer saying her utility bill was lower to the point of not having a bill.  I never expected that just to see a significant downward trend in my bill.  The company sent technicians out twice over the past two years and the latest visit their tech said my problem was because the panels were dirty.  Knowing that it may not perform at the highest effientency I made an effort to keep them clean with no change.
    I have wrote the Public Service Commission who says they have no authority over Solar power contractors. I wrote Senator Vitter of Louisiana and his office referred me to the Public Service Commission.  I wrote Congressman Scalise of Metairie, Louisiana that is supposed to be looking into the Solar Industry failures and have not heard anything.  I registered a complaint with BBB Shreveport, Louisiana and just a received an email saying that they have had no response and asked if I have heard from them.  Last week I registered a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.
   I guess my next step is to find a lawyer to advise me of my rights and next action.  I only blame the contractor for a lack of customer service.  The problem I believe is the equipment, as we see the solar companies that are going bankrupt.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2012 08:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wilhite-Solar-Solar-Solutions/Shreveport-Louisiana-71106/Wilhite-Solar-Solar-Solutions-httpwwwwilhitesolarcomcontacthtml-SOLAR-SYSTEMS-NOT-W-850554. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wilhite Solar Solar Solutions

Response to driley issue with solar

AUTHOR: Greg56 - ()

I understand and agree with all your issues and complaints with your solar system from Wilhite.  I too have a 3.2kw system that was install in Dec-09.  I have calculated a savings of only $1,000 over a 3-year period.  At this rate, it will take 21 years to get my investment back.

I am also filing my own report on this website as soon as I finish this response.

response to ken

AUTHOR: driley05 - (United States of America)

each converter has a meter and yes i am on the grid the first net meter was suspect by the power company but even though their instruments showed that it was working properly the meter was changed again on December 15, 2011.  anyone interested i have graphed the meter readings by the power company for two years before the units and everyone since with little or no change in kwh usage in some cases my power usage went up from years before the systems also i graphed what the converter meters are showing as power generated.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

You should have a meter that measures your solar production.

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

Try reading it for  he same time period as your electrical billing dates.

"I have tried to work with this company as well as the local power company and have not had any success."
I'm not sure what you expect from the power company.

Is your solar system a grid tie system that feeds any excess power back into the power line, or is it just a system, with battery backup that supplements the commercial power?

Mine is the Grid Tie type and 8,000 watts, with no battery backup.

I have 3 meters on my house, the original power company meter, an additional solar production meter for the power company to verify my power production and one more solar power meter for my information on solar power production.
Perhaps, and maybe you've already done this, if it IS a grid tie system, the wiring should be checked to the meters to verify its correct.  If you turn of most everything in your house on a sunny day, you should see the solar production meter running forward and the standard power company meter running backwards. All this, again, assumes a grid tie system.

I am VERY satisfied with my 8kw system and 5 months last year, my power bill was $7.34 per month.   This amount is basically the power companys facility fee.  I had a power credit at this point.

Good to see you're trying to go green, and I sincerely hope you can get this resolved....good luck.

Any questions, I'll try to answer them, I'm on my second year of being on solar.

expenditures