Complaint Review: Wilkes County NC Department Of Social Services

• Submitted: Tue, December 02, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, December 02, 2008

• Reported By:Wilkesboro North Carolina
Wilkes County NC Department Of Social Services
304 College St Wilkesboro, North Carolina U.S.A.

Wilkes County NC Department Of Social Services - Wilkes County DSS Wilkesboro North Carolina

Wilkes County DSS is not doing their jobs when it comes to child protective services. My daughter lost her child to her boyfriends mother. My daughter has never failed a drug test. In court the DSS worker told the judge that even though she passed the drug test there were traces of Cocaine in her urine. I personally called the Boomer clinic where the drug test was given and was told by the doctor that there is no such thing as traces - if there are traces you fail. He said it is a pass or fail test, yet the judge took the DSS workers word for it. She had no proof of traces. She also told several lies in court that I knew were lies. The boyfriends mother's best friend is a supervisor at DSS. Now the boyfriend gets to spend all the time he wants with the child when he definitely failed his drug test and my daughter has not seen her child in two years. I have no rights to the child either, even though he stayed with me a lot, my family bought everything the child had when he was born. The boyfriends mother did not even buy the child a birthday or Christmas present, but she got custody. I talked to DSS about the boyfriend's mothers drinking problem and was told to mind my own business or it would make things worse for my daughter. How could things be any worse? I told DSS that I could pass any test they give me including an alcohol test at any time and they did not want to hear it. DSS in Wilkes definitely needs to be investigated, but it appears that nobody cares. I have called Raleigh several times and nothing has ever happened. It's as if DSS is untouchable and they know it. If they would drug test the people that work there, I know some would lose their jobs.

Daisy
Wilkesboro, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2008 08:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wilkes-County-NC-Department-Of-Social-Services/Wilkesboro-North-Carolina-28697/Wilkes-County-NC-Department-Of-Social-Services-Wilkes-County-DSS-Wilkesboro-North-Carol-397222. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wilkes County NC Department Of Social Services