Complaint Review: Will Divine

• Submitted: Wed, October 03, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, October 23, 2012

• Reported By: Alpha Resource Management — Toronto Ontario Canada
Will Divine
406 Broadway St, # 195b, santa monics, california Santa monica, California United States of America

Will Divine Concessions International Wil Divine of Concessions International; Scammer, Bull-Shit Artist or ........ ? You decide! Santa monica, California

*General Comment: also had contact with mr. devine

*Author of original report: Will Divine Update

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Using the media for extortion is illegal

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Printing untrue things about a company or person is not the right thing to do

I dont generally publish material like this, but believe the circumstances warrant a concerted effort on our part to warn everyone we know who might be seduced by promises of great oil prospects, about an experience we recently had with Wil Divine of Concessions International in California. He took money but delivered nothing. He agreed to deal with us on an exclusive basis but was dealing with others behind our backs. His initial estimates of costs were so far off the mark that I cant help wondering if he intentionally mislead us.

If Wil Divine comes to you looking for money, all I can say is beware! Remember this guy!

Here are the facts. After you read them you can decide if you are prepared to do business with someone who does business this way. I think he has proven to be high risk, but as I say you can decide.

Wil Divine came to us in June 2012 with a proposal to secure an oil deal in Iraq. He told us that deposits likely to produce less than 25,000 barrels per day were being handled by the provinces instead of the Iraqi oil ministry and that there were many deposits available that could be acquired with very little effort and/or risk. Whats more, he told us that it would cost no more than $20,000 to send him over to Iraq to secure a number of these deposits and set up JVs with the Iraqi provinces concerned. We signed an agreement to solidify the arrangements. Wil told us that our deal was exclusive to us and that he was our guy in Iraq.

Following the signing of the agreement, we sent him the requested $20,000.  Once Wil was in Iraq, he told us within days, he had signed several MOUs with provincial authorities. He sent us maps of the areas he was supposedly visiting and told us his preferred targets. Obviously we were happy to hear about the targets and the signed MOUs and told him we were keen to conclude a deal. Following this, Will very quickly began asking for more money; he needed to hire someone to assist him, he needed a security team, he needed to buy a vehicle, he needed an office in Iraq, he needed an Iraqi company set up. Further money was sent. In fact we ended up providing close to $78,000 before discovering he was busy soliciting other merchant and investment banks etc. to fund an oil deal in Iraq. When we heard this news, we immediately pulled out of the deal with him.

Despite numerous requests we never saw any signed MOUs nor any other evidence that he was doing what he promised or that he was even in Iraq. Daily calls were via Skype so it was impossible to determine his location. We asked for receipts, none arrived. We asked for a budget and received something that was so lacking in detail and out of touch with reality that it could not be taken seriously.

When we confronted him about his double dealing with other investors, he initially denied it. When we gave him names, he danced around and tried to sidestep it with excuses about the fact that we had not provided him with sufficient money and that our resistance to sending more money was because of an inability to provide more funds.

When we asked for our money back he immediately told us he would pay us back but said he needed time. We agreed to accommodate him and that he could pay us $10,000 immediately and $5,000 per month until it was paid off.  However no money was returned despite sending a series of lawyers demand letters. When he started telling us we could not win a case against him and that all he could pay was $2,000per month, we realized he had no intention of settling. To date no money has been returned and no proof of any business activity in Iraq on our behalf has been received.

I dont believe we were negligent in how we set up this deal with Wil Divine, so in my opinion, doing business with Will Divine and Concessions International carries a serious risk that you will spend money with no return.

Are you prepared to risk that something similar will happen to you?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2012 10:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Will-Divine/Santa-monica-California-90401/Will-Divine-Concessions-International-Wil-Divine-of-Concessions-International-Scammer-Bu-950239. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Will Divine

#1 General Comment

also had contact with mr. devine

AUTHOR: responded to email - ()

got emails of multiple deals, asked for details, offered to fly to California at our expense to see data rooms.

got no details, no details, demands for fee agreements.

told him only success based fees.

no details, told him to not contact him

now got demand for money for his "expenses" finding deals for us.

Beware, this guy is bad news.

Will Divine Update

AUTHOR: Alpha Resource Management - ()

Will Divine tried to sue us in California for posting this report. The case was dismissed on 26th April by the court in Santa Monica. Case # SC119326.

We have now filed a case against him and Concessions international for fraud.

Stand by for further updates.

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Using the media for extortion is illegal

AUTHOR: William Divine - (United States of America)

I would like to add that I do not owe them any money, we had a joint venture of high risk and we spent the money in Iraq risking our lives for the JV.  In our agreement there is no provision for paying back money but I agreed to do so to keep good relations.  However since they pulled out of the JV we continued to support the project in Iraq with our own money and therefore are very low in funds to pay them back.  We offered a payment schedule but it was not enough and the threatened to "launch a media campaign" to make me and my company look back unless we gave them the money back. First saying lies about a person or company is illegal and so is extortion.  I am still willing to pay them back on a payment plan that we can afford but they have already started this campaign of lies which is very childish in my opinion, and it only makes them look bad.  Again if anyone wants to hear the whole story I am here at 310-531-7600, Thank you William Divine

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Printing untrue things about a company or person is not the right thing to do

AUTHOR: William Divine - (United States of America)

I guess it is very sad that I have to go through this but the truth is that we entered into a JV relationship with this company to pursue projects in Iraq.  This company put up the money and I and an associate went to Iraq and spent almost a month there risking our lives to pursue oil projects. This company did not send us funds in a timely manner which put our operations in Iraq is serious trouble so we sought outside help from other parties and this group found out about our efforts and decided to end our JV and asked for the money back.  I have agreed to give there money back but the pay back schedule is not enough money for them soon enough so they are trying to extort us by putting false information around the internet because they know we are very sensitive about our reputation.  It is a sad day in this world when people can post untrue information on the internet to hurt others. If anyone wants to hear the story in detail they can call my office at 310-531-7600  William Divine