Complaint Review: William A. Ryan, Jr.

• Submitted: Mon, April 22, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, April 22, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous7 — Redmond Washington
William A. Ryan, Jr.

William A. Ryan, Jr. ,-Dr. Irish Kamikazee Warning!!! Hostile, misogynistic Coo-Coo!!! Internet

I am VERY grateful to those whose reports came before mine - Thank You!

I answered a Craigslist ad for an Editor for a nonprofit magazine ($35/hour). I have extensive nonprofit experience and a background as a writer and editor.

Just as one of the women reported here, Bill called me (on a Sunday!), and started by asking a series of pointed questions about my work background. He said he was very impressed, and he indicated he wanted to pay me handsomely. Then he launched off on a long question session on my political views, which I also answered. I found that he had trouble moving on to discussing business in a clear fashion, as most legitimate business people will - with specifics. He said he wanted to take me out to lunch as soon as possible. He also warned me about his "Irish temper."

During his discussion of who he was, he contradicted himself several times. One such contradiction was that he was scheduled to inherit a vast amount of money from his mother, after which he said he was no longer speaking with her due to a recent argument ("I had to call her out..."). He also stated that he'd just decided that the magazine would be a for profit enterprise.

He said he would be sending me several emails, and expected me, "as a test," to rewrite an email he was going to send to some wealthy friends the next day.

As a writer, I've run into several potential employers who ask you to do work for them, sometimes encouraging you after you submit that work and asking for more (free) work as part of a "test" to get the job. It's a common scam and a way for those employers to get free work out of a workforce looking for legitimate paying positions.

I actually started the work, despite having plans for the rest of the day, but turned to two associates to get their input, as something did not feel kosher. One of my associates encouraged me to Google this person, which I did. Lo and behold, RIPOFF Report laid everything out clearly and neatly for me! I stopped work on Mr. Ryan's request.

The following day, he followed up with a call (around 30 minutes ago), asking if I had completed the work. I told him that no, I hadn't, as I'd Googled him and found a number of negative reports on him. The first thing he said was "Oh, they don't... who were they from and what did they say?" I answered, "It doesn't matter - I've decided to pass on the opportunity." To which he replied, BELLOWING... "YOU F**KING C**T!!!"

Of course I immediately hung up the phone. End of this insanity and drama. BEWARE, job hunters!!! Beware!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2013 04:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/William-A-Ryan-Jr/internet/William-A-Ryan-Jr-Dr-Irish-Kamikazee-Warning-Hostile-misogynistic-Coo-Coo-In-1045308. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on William A. Ryan, Jr.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC