Complaint Review: William Groft at Intelli-Shop

• Submitted: Mon, August 06, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, August 06, 2012

• Reported By: Laura — San Diego California U.S.A.
William Groft at Intelli-Shop
383 parkway, Atlanta, Georgia United States of America

William Groft at Intelli-Shop info@intelli-shop.com via eigbox.net Phishing email account and new scam Atlanta, Georgia

Just felt like reporting this since I apparently nearly fell victim of this scam.. fortunately I am smart enough to have caught many discrepancies in the upcoming emails that I realized what I was getting myself into.  First of all they send you an email from another server and TRIED to mask their original email account.  I use Gmail but at the time I received an email from this place all I looked up was the company which was Intelli-Shop,  a legitimate Secret Shopper network whom I signed up for ages ago... and by "ages ago" I mean over 5 years ago.  So this scammer must have somehow obtained a ton of information from some database this company had OR the company sold our emails to some scammer, who knows...

Initial email was very simple:
----------------------------------------------------------
Position Available
From: info@intelli-shop.com via eigbox.net Jul 24 (13 days ago)
to: me

Hiring new shoppers in each location
Please provide the following for a secret shopper position.

Name:
Your Address :
City, State, Zip code;
Occupation;
Phone #;
-----------------------------------------------------------

I figured that it was a strange looking email but I FAILED to notice the "via eigbox.net" initially since I get tons of email for business... I responded with my name, mailing address and GOOGLE VOICE number since I don't like giving out my actual phone number to anyone when it comes down to business...but THIS I just noticed today since I received another email from a fishy person who can't really type proper English (much worse than myself)  and it was formatted exactly as other emails I just noticed reported a few days ago.  I blanked out my name just so people can see what the email format looks like since I am sure this is going around everywhere now.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Hello ________, Your first assignment has been sent out to you just as I informed you before and it might have been delivered to you already by USPS but if not,you will get it today. You can track your package with the tracking number below. www usps. comTracking #:  9405 5036 9930 0093 3494 50 As soon as you confirm the delivery payment from USPS, you are advice to take the payment to your bank and have it deposit and cashed then you are advice to carry out your assignment and submit your result to us.

Here Is The Instructions On How To Complete Your First Assignment  Note**You are advice to run a survey on two prominent Companies in your area,which are Any Retail outlet & Walmart/Moneygram  Below is the breakdown of how the payment will be spent and you are to take note of the following activities

1, You are to deduct $200 from the total payment received after completing your first assignment which is your commission

2, You are to make a purchase of any item worth $50 from any Retail outlet location in your area and the item you buy will be your.  Remember: Any item you purchase from the Retail outlet store should be kept by you for your personal use since we are only interested in the accurate information from your survey

3, You are required to proceed to any nearest Walmart/Moneygram location in your area with the remaining balance to perform your transfer assignment after you might have deducted your $200 commission.

You are advice to send the rest funds over to our Secret Shopper in Georgia through Wal-mart/Money-gram to the below name and address  The information is as follows:

SEND TO^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pay per Assignment: $200
For Shopping: $50
Transfer Charges: $105
Amount to be sent: $1330

You are advice to take note of the following at the Retail outlet/ Wal-Mart location and please remember that you are to act Cool, Calm and Confident (Code C#3)  through out the period in which you will be carrying out the survey at the Retail outlet/ Wal-mart location in ordernot to arouse any suspicious.

===Retail outlet===*  How long it took you to get services.*  Smartness of the attendant.*  Customer service professionalism.*  Your comments and impressions.

You are expected to have this done and e-mail me back your results with the following information after you have wired the funds.

===Walmart/Moneygram===*  Walmart/Money Gram Location : *  Sender Name:*  Receiver Name:*  Reference # (8 digit):*  The amounts to be received after transfer charges:*  How long it took you to get services:*  Smartness of the attendant: *  Customer service professionalism:*  Your comments and impressions:

The reason for this survey is that some Wal-mart location have been reported several times for slow services, funds missing and unbalanced exchange rate. It is now your duty to carry out the fund transfer at any various location of your choice and balance the reports in order to curtail these lapses and please note,The Wal-mart charges should be deducted from the remaining fund and not deducted from your $200 commission

I will also be awaiting your report via email. Acknowledge receipt of this email and let me know if you have any questions.
Regards,William Groft.Evaluating Department
Excellent Impressions Clerical Services.

----------------------------------------------------

Just wanted to report this since I am sure it is a fairly recent attack on people who have signed up for secret shopper accounts ages ago.  BTW my apologies on humanity for being dumb enough not to notice the "via" in the initial contact email, and also for having given these jerks my REAL mailing address.. so if for some reason in the future anyone receives any "scammy" email where my actual personal mailing address is now being used to try and steal information then please forgive me... it was not my intent at all.  Just as I believe the poof fella from Georgia didn't mean his information to be used as well.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2012 01:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/William-Groft-at-Intelli-Shop/Atlanta-Georgia-30308/William-Groft-at-Intelli-Shop-infointelli-shopcom-via-eigboxnet-Phishing-email-account-922986. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on William Groft at Intelli-Shop