Complaint Review: William James of Attorneys of Thomas Landis

• Updated: Wed, September 16, 2009

• Reported By: TJD — Juneau Alaska USA
William James of Attorneys of Thomas Landis
unknown Nationwide United States of America

William James of Attorneys of Thomas Landis Thomas Landis Mr. William James called my mother requesting information about me and my sister in relation to a debt from my father. My mother refused to give any information but got Mr. James' phone number and a unkown, Nationwide

My mother received a call from William James of Thomas Landis attorneys.  They were looking for contact information for my sister and me regarding my father.  My mother refused to disclose contact information but asked for Mr. James' contact info.  She called me and I called him back (Telephone number was 1-800-853-4000).  He said he had my social security number and read off 4 digits asking if they were the last four of my ssn.  I said, "No." He said, "Those must be your father's." He gave another four digits and I said those weren't mine either.  Then he said he was calling about an outstanding debt.  I said that since my father was dead he had no right to call me about my father's debt.  I said, "I know my legal rights."  He made a comment asking if I was an attorney and if I was refusing to listen to him.  I said, "I"m not an attorney but I know my rights, and I'm not liable to pay a debt of my long since deceased father."  He said something like "So you're refusing to pay this debt? Aren't you curious how it is that I got in touch with your mother?"  I said, "You can get information about people off the internet easily, and so far you haven't proven that I am part of this because you don't have my social security number."  He repeated the statement about refusing to pay the debt and then hung up.  He got very angry and forceful during the conversation and tried to be demeaning and authoritative.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2009 03:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/William-James-of-Attorneys-of-Thomas-Landis/nationwide/William-James-of-Attorneys-of-Thomas-Landis-Thomas-Landis-Mr-William-James-called-my-moth-495943. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on William James of Attorneys of Thomas Landis

distinguished