Complaint Review: William Marrs of GameTZ

• Updated: Sun, June 16, 2013

• Reported By: Zecon — Davenport Florida
William Marrs of GameTZ
41 Churchhill Drive, Internet USA

William Marrs of GameTZ Posted personally identifiable information on his website without my consent and refused to remove it despite numerous requests. Did not follow through on a bad trade because the other trade had a PAID subscription. Cornish NH Internet

*General Comment: Agreed

I've been using the GameTz forum for over 14 years without any issues until I was a victim of a bad trade report on the GameTz site due to an argument over damage during transit with Enix aka David Desjardin, 1280 Puget Dr E, Port Orchard, WA 98366.  In 14 years, I had never had a problem until this one trade.  My ratings were also excellent on the site based on other traders prior to the review from Enix aka David, as below:

Last 10 Ratings

excellent [98.0%]

Average

excellent [99%]

excellent [98%]

The conditions of the trade were:

Trade Creator: ENIX

Other Trader: Zecon

Zecon gets

ENIX gets

Ikaruga (GameCube)

Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (PlayStation 2) [Condition: unopened; Box: yes; Manual: yes]

Trade Status: Pending

sent: received: Zecon

sent: received: ENIX

Sending: Zecon sends first

Shipping: First Class

Enix never specified anything on shipping until after the item was delivered.  David had an issue with me shipping a game in a bubble wrapped envelope with no insurance which is commonly used on the GameTZ site unless agreed upon prior to shipping.  Some damage was done in transit, now we had to find a way to compromise; he even threatened me with a BTR if I did not meet his demands.  I was in frequent contact with the trader above and then the moderator for the site, William (Bill) Marrs.  We were having difficulty coming up with a compromise to try and settle this case amicably.  Right off the bat, William (Bill) Marrs took his side because he had the paid subscription and more trades than I did.

Then, I noticed that my personal information was clearly posted on the BTR page.  I included the following excerpt in my email to William (Bill) Marrs:

"I am requesting that my personal information be removed from the BTR immediately. This is to include my name, email address, and home address. I have a family and privacy is very important to me. Your site is publicly available and you're violating your own privacy policies by listing this information without my full consent, specifically your policy on keeping my information secure.

I am getting harassed by junk mail at my personal residence since this information was made public. In addition, I have received a large amount of spam mail since this was disclosed, not to mention the verbal abuse and harassment that I've endured from Enix. I understand that he's emotional; however, personal attacks are not necessary at this time. Also, one complaint out of the hundreds of trades that I have conducted on your site doesn't justify this kind of treatment.

Please, remove my personal information from this BTR. I will do what I can to find a mutually beneficial resolution in the meantime."

After contacting William (Bill) Marrs numerous times every day, he refused to permanently remove my name, email and home address from the review unless I paid Enix money.  William (Bill) Marrs willingly violates his own privacy policy on the GameTZ site in order to benefit Enix as a paid subscriber.

I continued to fight the case in my own biography on the site.  I requested to have my account deleted and William (Bill) Marrs refused.  Instead, William (Bill) Marrs suspended my account because of the bio. By suspending the account, it deleted any traces of my side of the dispute while still leaving my personal information displayed on the site and leaving me unable to fight my case directly on his website.  He also removed my review of Enix, but left his review against me so that Enix ratings would not be affected.

I'm no longer able to openly defend myself on the website and my personal information is still fully displayed with no regard for my rights.

DO NOT USE THE SITE or any site associated with it!  Bill Marrs owns gametz.com and Kenyon Hill LLC.  It's a complete rip off and they use your information without your consent.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2013 04:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/William-Marrs-of-GameTZ/internet/William-Marrs-of-GameTZ-Posted-personally-identifiable-information-on-his-website-without-1059583. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on William Marrs of GameTZ

#1 General Comment

Agreed

AUTHOR: EircM - ()

I too have fallen into Mr.Marrs "blackmail" scheme to get me to pay more money to people who are paid sunscribers to his site. In fact I have porff I was the one who was ripped pff not the other guy. I even had very good evidence but Bill never wanted to see it and took the other guys word cause he had a paid subscription. Not only was my information made public but it was posted on the public fourm itself by one of the sites Moderators named John. Bill Marrs violates his sites many times a day thinking "It's ok". He also runs a tax evasion pay system telling people its OK to scam PayPal out of money by paying gifted on actual purchases.

I would highly avoid this site for that reason and many others. Like the "established" members think they are God and Bill lets them verbally abuse the new members of the site. Avoid this site like the plague