sequence

• Updated: Sat, October 27, 2012

• Reported By: Another Egert Victim — Phoenix Arizona United States of America
William (Marty) Egert
"Valleywide Service" Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

William (Marty) Egert AAA Affordable Polygraph Experts Another family torn apart by unacredited scandalously incompetent polygraph "expert" Phoenix, Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Life changing service

At the urging of two professional, accredited, licensed and certified polygraph professions (James Hanratty of Scottsdale, AZ and Wes Burns of Mesa, AZ I am filing this complaint against one William (aka Marty) Egert of AAA Affordable Polygraph Experts.

Mr. Egert seems to move around the valley taking phone calls and emails from suspicious spouses about everything from infidelity to sexual molestation. For a modest fee of $300 you can surprise your spouse with a "lie-detector" test -- imagined by most people as 90+% accurate. Right?

Perhaps if the test is properly administered by a true professional the results could approach 90% ... UNLESS other factors are present and not accounted for by the tester. Mr. Egert looks harmless enough, even semi-friendly during the pre -test-interview. After all if you are innocent taking such a test should have only say 10% chance of being wrong, right?

WRONG! The following day when he delivered the results of my test concerning having inappropriately touched our 7-year old daughter ALL HELL broke loose. [continued below]....
..... I was told to leave immediately and not have any contact with our daughter UNTIL I was able to take another polygraph test to prove my innocence.

Sounds simple enough, right? So I visited another certified polygraph examiner Mr. Hanratty, who was referred by my wife's professional counselor. After an hour interview he declined to re-test me until he could see Mr. Egerts back-up documentation and full report explaining why I was judged "deceptive" on 3 of 4 questions. In short, Mr. Egert refuses to provide charts, notes, video or audio until a court says he has to. (which is the next step)

A second professional, certified polygraph examiner Mr. Burns recommended I file a complaint at this site, with the A/G in Arizona and Scottsdale Police Dept, which I plan to do. I have requested the full file from Mr. Egert twice in the last few days, but he tells my wife he refuses to have his work quality assured by outside examiners. Can you say quack?

I will post an update on how this matter is resolved. In the meantime by best advice is to do some research before you consider either getting a polygraph done, or recommending your partner get one done.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2011 09:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/William-Marty-Egert/Phoenix-Arizona-85032/William-Marty-Egert-AAA-Affordable-Polygraph-Experts-Another-family-torn-apart-by-unacr-706053. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on William (Marty) Egert

Life changing service

AUTHOR: anita020711 - (United States of America)

This review I have posted on another site but would also like to post here. I realize people usually post reviews hen they are dissatisfied with a service, so I wanted to put in a positive review. My husband volunteered to take a polygraph after I suspected infidelity and contacted Aaa Affordable Polygraph. I would have accepted either result but it turned out he was being truthful and had been faithful.

When we received the results and I had questions, Will was very helpful in answering them and got back to me promptly. My husband is willing to take a second polygraph from another provider of my choosing to back up this one, so I do trust the accuracy of his results. Taking a polygraph cleared up a lot of my concerns and I am so glad my husband decided to take one. My marriage was definitely saved because of this service.