Complaint Review: William Scott and Associates

• Updated: Thu, April 25, 2013

• Reported By: VisionQwest — Glendale California
William Scott and Associates
11144 Greenway Dr, Huntley, Illinois United States of America

William Scott and Associates Attorney Marvin Arrigton Illegal acts of representing themselves as attorney and making threats of arrest Huntley, Illinois

This company called a client making threats that my client owed money of $200, she was going to be arrested this afternoon and put into jail, that they would take a payment over the phone.  And the individual identified himself as attorney "Marvin Arrington" using a local California phone number.  We did a search on the California bar association web site and found out there is no one licensed by that name.  I called him back at his office and he used a different name with the same voice.  I told him he had just called my client stating he was an attorney, I told him we researched him and that he was not an attorney.  He then hung up on me.

I called him back and the phone call then went directly to a voice mail stating to leave a message, the case number.  I called again, same thing.  I then left a voice mail telling him to call me back regarding my client, I identified myself as a fraud examiner for our firm, and told him to stop immediately because he was in violation of federal and state law.

This is clearly a fraud, no evidence that anything was even owed, statements that they had sent numerous letters to my client which never happened, and then claiming they were attorneys going to have my client arrested.  This company and those associated with it should be put out of business and arrested for fraud.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2013 10:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/William-Scott-and-Associates/Huntley-Illinois-60142/William-Scott-and-Associates-Attorney-Marvin-Arrigton-Illegal-acts-of-representing-themsel-1046137. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on William Scott and Associates