Complaint Review: William Waters Jr.

• Submitted: Tue, August 04, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, August 04, 2009

• Reported By:Tallahassee Florida
William Waters Jr.
1618 Mahan Center Blvd Tallahassee, Florida U.S.A.

William Waters Jr. Will Take Your Money And Run! Tallahassee Florida

*Author of original report: William R. Water Jr. - Pearson Waters P.A. Tallahassee, Fl

I hired William Waters Jr. for a family law case last year. He was a great salesman, made me believe he would fight hard on my behalf. He took my case for a one time payment of $3000. He never responded to certain proceedings causing me to be in contempt of court. I wrote a letter and personally apologized to the judge and explained my situation that my lawyer never advised me or let me now I needed to provide certain paperwork. The judge was ticked but let it go. William Waters and the other party's lawyer were discussing making some kind of deal to forgo the court proceedings. They let the judge know this and the judge gave us 10 days to come to some agreement and come back to court. Well the 'deal' William Waters and the other party's attorney were working on without my knowledge involved paying the other party a LARGE lump sum payment and also paying for the other party's attorney fees directly to the other party's attorney. Waters and the other party's attorney (yes he was working with the other party's attorney against me behind my back) tried to pressure me into paying the other party and there lawyer a lump sum settlement to 'stay out of jail'. He screamed and yelled to at me saying if I don't come up with the money he can't do a thing for me and I probably will go to jail for 2- 6 months for contempt even though I already wrote the judge a letter to clear everything up. I refused to make any kind of deal. At the next court date we happened to have a new judge. The other party's attorney lied to the new judge saying that the previous judge had given me 10 days to come to an agreement or he would hold me in contempt. William Waters who was MY attorney shook his head in agreement with the other party's lawyer. The were conspiring together to put me in jail because I didn't cough up a huge amount of money! The new judge said she would have to ask the previous judge about this before she made any decisions. We had court rescheduled for another date. Four days later I receive a letter from William Waters asking me to sign a document to release him as my lawyer for conflict of interest! I didn't sign the letter and at the next court date the new judge said that she talked with the previous judge and he didn't say that he was going to put me in jail for contempt if I didn't come to an agreement. William Waters asked the judge to dismiss him from my case and I agreed. I didn't want the guy near me, he never did give a reason in court about the conflict. So I pretty much paid William Waters 3K to rip me off, try to put me in jail and months of countless heartache. He is no longer with his firm of Waters and Wolk due to this and the countless shady dealings against his clients. He has recently opened his own office and has taken out multiple ads in the phone books. This is how he continues to rip people off. You will always have a percentage of people who look for the big ads and do no research. Do not hire William Waters!

Digirain
Tallahassee, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2009 01:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/William-Waters-Jr/Tallahassee-Florida-32308/William-Waters-Jr-Will-Take-Your-Money-And-Run-Tallahassee-Florida-476373. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on William Waters Jr.

William R. Water Jr. - Pearson Waters P.A. Tallahassee, Fl

AUTHOR: Digirain - (U.S.A.)

Updated with his William R. Waters Jr's full name and his current firm's name