Complaint Review: Williams Contus

• Updated: Tue, April 22, 2014

• Reported By: Shanice — Johnson City Tennessee
Williams Contus
Internet USA

Williams Contus David Teixeria Sent me money and then charged me a charge back fee making my account -$2,352.50. Canada Internet

*Consumer Comment: This is a common scam

I went to Cragslist as a desparate college student looking for a job. I received feedback from this man after one day. The week of April 13-19, 2014 I received a check and payment of $250 as stated.

The check was $2,380.99 and I was told to desposit into my account. I did as told in the emails sent. On April 18, 2014 I withdrew $2,130 from my account as told once again in the email sent. I bought moneypaks and sent codes to William Contus via email.

The week of April 20-26, 2014 I realized my bank account is negative $2,352.50 due to the fact I got charged a charge back. I texted and emailed William Contus and have yet to receive a response. zi understand that I should have asked more info, but I didn't.

What I won't to receive is my bank account unnegative.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2014 02:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Williams-Contus/internet/Williams-Contus-David-Teixeria-Sent-me-money-and-then-charged-me-a-charge-back-fee-making-1140874. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Williams Contus

This is a common scam

AUTHOR: FloridaNative - ()

This work at home type scam has been around for a long time. The whole idea of the scam is to send you a fradulent check to deposit into your account and to have to send the scammer all the funds but a token amount for you to "keep". Of couse, since the check is bogus, there are no funds and it leaves you on the hook for the entire amount plus fees.  If anyone sends you a check in an amount greater than the work you have done and asks for payment of the excess funds, then you know that is a scam.

Report the company and individual to the police and to the Federal Trade Commission. Also report to the postal service. Search FTC(dot)gov to see where else you need to report the scammer. I hope you get your money back, but I wouldn't count on it.

Next time, don't deposit the check or use the funds. Research your next employer before you work for them.