Complaint Review: Williamson County Elections Department

• Updated: Tue, May 15, 2012

• Reported By: Terence — Austin Texas USA
Williamson County Elections Department
301 SE Inner Loop Ste 104 Georgetown, Texas United States of America

Williamson County Elections Department Cannot vote despite having Voter Card Georgetown, Texas

*Consumer Comment: I wouldn't give you any respect either.

*General Comment: Registration deadline...

*Author of original report: Don't trust a Texan

Texas and Texans will stop at nothing to prevent first-time voters like me from voting.

I went to Grisham Middle School (10805 School House Lane, Austin, TX 78750) this morning, as it's the precinct (274) I'm supposed to reported to. I had my Voter Card with me, which took Texas more than four months to mail to me. The four old ugly women that were there, and didn't know how to use a computer, could not find my name in their system after nearly 10 minutes of effort. Then one of the ugly trolls made a phone-call, after which she then told me I wasn't "eligible" because I registered less than 30 days before the election.

Why good is sending me the Voter Card when I'm not allowed to vote?!!

Diana Smith (dsmith@wilco.org) wouldn't give me an explanation. Neither would Connie Watson (CWatson@wilco.org) and Codie Savage (csavage@wilco.org). All Texans, all crooks. Telling people to go and vote, but pulling all kinds of tricks to prevent people from voting. Texans sure know how to talk big, but don't deliver what people need. It's yet another example of Texas-style customer service that Texans are too proud of, but treated customers poorly and with no respect.

What's next? I'm not "eligible" to vote in the Texas primary. Because I'm a chink? Because I'm a naturalized citizen? Because of some rinky-dinky rule that only Texas can come up with?

Texans have not treated me with any respect since I moved here in 2009. Therefore, I have no reason to trust a Texan. As for my Voter Card, I'm going to shred it. It's a useless piece of paper.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2012 10:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Williamson-County-Elections-Department/Georgetown-Texas-/Williamson-County-Elections-Department-Cannot-vote-despite-having-Voter-Card-Georgetown-881786. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Williamson County Elections Department

I wouldn't give you any respect either.

AUTHOR: Brian - (United States of America)

You want some respect, try changing you attitude.  You get respect by showing respect.  Claiming the poll workers were old, ugly trolls lends no credibility to your post and definitely doesn't show any respect.  Just because you're a naturalized citizen doesn't make you anything special.  You are still subject to election laws, just like everyone else.

Now to your problem.  You claim that it took them 4 months to issue your voter registration card, but then say they claim you registered less that 30 days prior to the election.  Did you move and have to re-register?  If so, did you register more than 30 days prior to the election?  This law is pretty standard for most states.  If you registered prior to the 30 day cut off, maybe a mistake was made.  Bureaucracies aren't perfect and mistakes happen.

Keep your voter registration card and vote in the November election.  Try calling the voter registration office in your area beforehand to verify everything is set.

I commend you for wanting to vote, but there are laws that have to be followed.  Also, try changing that attitude.  I'll bet you'll be surprised by how differently you are treated.

#2 General Comment

Registration deadline...

AUTHOR: Striderq - (U.S.A.)

Most states require you to register at least 6 months before the election, so if Texas is 30 days that's actually a good deal. And if you kept your card you would be able to vote in the next election, including in November when we elect our President. Or you can rip your card up and continue to try to convince people that you're a victim.

Don't trust a Texan

AUTHOR: Terence - (USA)

First, Texan politicians messed up the redistricting maps. Then, another group of Texans stall the election process by forcing those crooks to redraw the map. Then they held my Voter Card hostage for 4 months. When they finally issue my Card, I'm still not allowed to vote. Why good then is the Voter Card when one cannot vote?!!