Complaint Review: Willie's Burger Shack

• Reported By: Mrs. Dale — Dalton Georgia United States of America
Willie's Burger Shack
Cleveland Hwy Dalton, Georgia United States of America

Willie's Burger Shack Horrible Experience Dalton, Georgia

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: This was a franchisee..!!! It is now closed..!!!

The new Willie's Burger shack is now open on Cleveland Hwy. Do not waste your time or money. Unless, you like cold food, a long wait, and the manager and owner calling you a liar if you complain.

First of all let me say, spending $40 on a meal during the week was a treat for my children. We waited for our meal for over and hour and a half! When we finally got our food the young girl at the register was apologizing that it took so long and we just said to ourselves..hope the food is worth the wait.

Let me tell you it's not! We took our meal home to eat (which is only 5 minutes away from the restaurant). If it wasn't cold, it was hard. The wing sauce looked like dry paint cracked on the chicken. I called the restaurant and the manager said to come in and they would "make it right".

The following Wednesday me and my 7 year old son go to have our meal replaced. The owner continues to tell me that he is not giving me my food for "free". And that I would be "ripping" him for free food. I explained to him that I lost my money and I felt like the one who got ripped off. When he asked me what was wrong with the food. Both the owner and the manager who said she would ''make it right'' were calling me a liar. And continued to tell me why their food and service was good and I was trying to get free food. Being a mom and an adult. I walked out of the restaurant w/my child who just saw his mother being called a liar!

My husband called and told the owner we would not be back and that he did not talk to his wife like that and he wasn't going to let any other man do it either. The owner asked my husband to meet him "face to face''..Really, we were looking for an apology not a fight and jail time! I don't know how you talk to your customers in New York, but in the south we have a little more courtesty. I am hurt and I am angry.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2013 09:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Willies-Burger-Shack/Dalton-Georgia-30721/Willies-Burger-Shack-Horrible-Experience-Dalton-Georgia-1016643. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Willie's Burger Shack

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

This was a franchisee..!!! It is now closed..!!!

AUTHOR: Willie Pagan - ()

This location on Cleveland Highway was only open briefely. We broke off our relationship with that store as soon as we became aware of the problems associated with the owner of that location. The problems were many, I will try to list a few here.

First of all the franchisee had that Northern attitude which is often associated with a bad and vulgar language. The problems surfaced almost immediately after he opened... bad treatment, screaming, abandoning the store with no management present, late paying of bills, underpaying or not paying the employees, etc.

After two months of being opened I contacted my lawyers to start the process of closing him down or at least taking our trademark protected name off the business. It took a few months but in the end he shut the doors. Good luck Mr. Mineo, you were a huge mistake for Willie's Burger Shack and hurt our brand a lot.

The original and only location is at 301 W. Emery Street, Dalton, GA. Our phone number is 706-226-1953 feel free to call anytime if you have any questions.

I apologize to any and all customers and employees which were badly treated by this franchisee.

Willie's Burger Shack, Inc.