When it comes to Willow Creek Assisted Living properties in Las Vegas, there are some things you should know before placing a loved one in one of the facilities run by Donald Herman. Here's what I've found out so far:
- Donald Herman, principal owner and Managing Member of Willow Creek, carries a variety of high-powered guns in a backpack, which is with him almost always.
- Donald Herman also carries prescription medications -- powerful narcotics for pain -- with him as well, which it appears that he has abused, as he had been found by a family member and high-ranking Willow Creek employee passed out in his home. As a result, he was locked up in a mental institution under Nevada state's L2K provision, which allows an individual to be essentially held captive if it is deemed that the person could be a danger to himself or others.
- Donald Herman accepted money that totals into the seven figures (that's millions of dollars) from his former fiancee and her family purportedly as investment money for Willow Creek Assisted Living facilities. What has he done with it? Well, he drives around matching high-end Lexus vehicles, has a number of ATV vehicles, and has guns that number in the hundreds.
- Donald Herman gave his nephew one of those guns, an AR-15, a high-powered semi-automatic rifle, which essentially is a non-military version of the M16. His nephew then used the rifle to commit suicide.
- Both the president of operations and the director of marketing at Willow Creek resigned with questions of misappropriation of funds and other mismanagement by Donald Herman lingering over their heads.
- Donald Herman's other business, Don Herman Construction, employs a known sex offender. Herman has hired his own construction company to provide maintenance at Willow Creek. Not illegal. But what IS illegal and is against Nevada state law, is to allow a sex offender to work at an assisted living facility such as Willow Creek's, which Donald Herman allows. Herman also uses a driver, who is a convicted felon.
Is that kind of a list of stuff enough for you to think twice about letting your mother, father, grandmother, grandfather, beloved aunt, uncle or any family member to become a resident at Willow Creek? It's more than enough for me.
Be a skeptic. Do your own research. There may be more out there about Donald Herman and Willow Creek Assisted Living that I haven't found out about yet!