• Report: #206302

• Submitted: Tue, August 15, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, August 15, 2006

• Reported By:Sugar Land Texas
Willow Lake Apartments - Greystar Property Management
2425 Katy Flewellen Katy, Texas U.S.A.
  • Phone: 281-395-9404 / WLA
  • Web:
  • Category: Landlords

Willow Lake Apartments - Greystar Property Management Gave my deposit away didn't honor award for naming newsletter always lied and manipulated 6/04-5/06 to lease Katy Texas

Ladies and/or Gentleman,

Tues. Aug. 15th, 2006

I first moved into Willow Lake Apt. in June of 2004. That is when the lying began. Unfortunately, we went on the word of one of the managers, Connie. She lies to and manipulates people just to get apartments leased and I'm sure for whatever her commission is. She doesn't really care about anybody but herself. Many people have had the same complaints about her. I personally have never heard anyone complain about the other office staff. Only Connie.

Last year, in the newsletter, they started a contest to name the newsletter. It stated that the person who entered the chosen name would receive a prize/award. This was distinctively printed in the newsletter. I entered "Window Into Willow Lake" and it was chosen for the newsletter name. This was also printed in the newsletter (my name and the new name for the newsletter). If someone were to find and read all of the newsletters in 2005; they would see this. That is unless they went in and changed/printed new ones. Well, I would follow up with them about the prize and they kept saying "not yet" or "we will get back to you". Brittany, who works in the office also, is aware and acknowledged to me that what I said was true. Finally, I was told by Connie that my name being mentioned in the newsletter for submitting "Window Into Willow Lake" was my prize.

I was sharing an apartment with someone from Nov. 2005 - April 2006. The lease was going to be up in May but the other person and I agreed that he would stay there and pay the rent for May. Connie told me that if/since I paid the deposits and transfer fees; that the money would be returned to me once the apartment was vacated (phase 1, apt. 1209). I called to inquire about this on Sat. Aug. 12. I spoke to Brittany and she said that Connie was the one that I needed to speak to but that she wasn't there. She took my numbers and said that she would have Connie get in touch with me on Monday Aug. 14th. Connie did call on Monday and I mentioned what she had told me about the deposit. She proceeded to tell me that because the person I shared an apt. with had stayed at the complex, that he had elected to have the deposit transferred from one apt. to the next so that he would have to pay a deposit again. I explained that this wasn't what I was told would happen. She denied it and when I argued that she was lying and that wasn't what she had told me; she said good-bye and hung up on me. She had even asked me for a forwarding address and I had given it to her. She does nothing but lie, conive, and manipulate for her own gain and benefit.

These aren't all of the things that she's done but they are the ones that I can think of at this time. I'm not the only one that has legitimate issues with her. I'm sure that if a survey were taken by all of the tenants there; most would have a problem with her, Willow Lake, and Greystar. I hold Willow Lake and Greystar responsible also because they do nothing about any of it. I have seen the kind of people that they want working for them and how they run things. I will NEVER rent or buy from Greystar Property Management. They owe me money and I need and deserve it. She had absolutely no right to give my deposit to anyone else to use.

Please help me in this matter. Something needs to be done about the way they do business. They don't apply rules to all. They say things but do not follow through with them. They let anyone in just to lease therefore the grounds were going down hill.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope that something can be done.

Hopeful and Sincere

Ladell
Sugar Land, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2006 06:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Willow-Lake-Apartments-Greystar-Property-Management/Katy-Texas-77494/Willow-Lake-Apartments-Greystar-Property-Management-Gave-my-deposit-away-didnt-honor-aw-206302. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Willow Lake Apartments - Greystar Property Management