ED Magedson – Founder
Willz Grills3424 US HWY 64 e Asheboro, North Carolina USA
Willz Grills DO NOT DO BUSINESS W/ THIS SCEAMER Asheboro North Carolina
Justin & Jake delivered the cooker today & I can't say enough good about them. They are 2 outstanding young men.
Problems with the cooker:
1) As per my request & your invoice this was to be a reverse flow cooker & it is not.
2) I asked for & your invoice indicated that there would be a propane ignitor in the firebox & there is not
3) The firebox cannot be opened without first opening the warmer box - not acceptable
4) No stops on the grates inside the cooker to keep them from tipping forward when pulled out just a piece of angle for them to ride on
5) Door handles/latches are not easily functional - probably will bind up when grill is hot
6) Missing thermometer for cooker only thermometer is on warmer box - invoice indicates 2 thermometers
7) Welding is amateurish looks like chicken droppings nothing was ground down & finished as a professionally finished piece would be.
8) Paint has popped off when heat was applied - not hi temp paint.
9) You knew better than this yet you deliberately tried to deceive your employee that delivered the cooker & put the entire cost on me even though the agreement reached with the BBB said we would split the cost & that was only because I wanted the cooker now even though your invoice indicates shipping was covered.You had indicated the entire cost would not be over $300 then tried to have me pay $400 total cost by telling your employee who was kind enough to actually bring it up here that I was responsible for the entire cost.
10) On your website it is stated that you fire the cooker up & burn it in to be sure everything is as it should be - no evidence of this.
11) I can see pinholes (daylight) in some of the welds now. A lot of the welds just seem to be laid on top (cold) of the steel definitely not burnt in. We will see how long this lasts.
The overall workmanship of the cooker is not professional in fit & finish It is my understanding that the cooker was basically thrown together this past week even though you have indicated to me that the cooker has been complete since early April.
The above are just my observations after having the cooker for under 6 hr.s. I am sure I will find more issues when I really have a chance to inspect it.
You need to learn to tell the truth in general & to your customers in particular. You have consistently lied to me about where we stood on the construction of this cooker. I based everything on what you told me and now I have another week or so of work before I can even think about having the health dept. look at this. I had told you how critical it was that the fit & finish be as it should & it is not anything near what a true fabricating shop would even want to be associated with. As I told you, this cooker was to be the centerpiece of our restaurant. Something anyone from the Carolinas would be proud to let their customers admire. As it is I have something I cannot showpiece nor explain how something cobbled together like this is took almost 5 months to produce.
I regret the day I first spoke with you and actually found you to be believable. You have totally misled me as to your qualifications as I have never known a true fabricator who would want their name associated with anything thrown together as this has been.
I noticed you did not send the other cooker you had promised me for the foul ups you admitted to. How do you plan to make this right? I am sure it was an oversight on someone else's part that this was missing.
With this & from what I hear from other people that you have done to them I would not want to be in your shoes. Karma is a funny thing & will eventually find you out. My suggestion to you is to give this up because you are not a craftsman - swindler fits you to a tee. I honestly believe that you would rather lie than eat when you are hungry.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2013 11:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Willz-Grills/Asheboro-North-Carolina/Willz-Grills-DO-NOT-DO-BUSINESS-W-THIS-SCEAMER-Asheboro-North-Carolina-1055051. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.