Complaint Review: Wilmington Automotive Group

• Updated: Thu, June 27, 2013

• Reported By: Coop — Wilmington North Carolina
Wilmington Automotive Group
Wilmington, North Carolina USA

Wilmington Automotive Group Used car broke down 2 weeks after purchase Wilmington North Carolina

I bought a used car from this dealership in 2011, the transmission crapped out on my first long road trip about 2 weeks after I bought it. The dealership claimed it was my fault so they wouldn't cover half of the repair cost, as was stated in the 30 day warranty terms... They claimed I was driving on the interstate with the auto transmission in 4th gear, which is why it overheated; I am a mechanic and I would not be dumb enough to ever do that. They also never game the the missing floor mat from the car after I bought it. Once they had my money, no effort was given to help me with any of the problems I had. I filed a report with the BBB when this happened, the only reason for posting this now is because I just found this website. Stay away from this dealer, it is the epiotme of the shady used car dealers people always speak of but you never think you will encounter. I think they might even be out of business now, but they might have just moved. If this is the case, the owner's name was Jim Haney, and he is a professional scam artist who will lie to you with a smile on his face.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2013 08:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wilmington-Automotive-Group/Wilmington-North-Carolina/Wilmington-Automotive-Group-Used-car-broke-down-2-weeks-after-purchase-Wilmington-North-C-1062736. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wilmington Automotive Group