stick

• Submitted: Mon, November 26, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, November 26, 2007

• Reported By:Bellflower California
Wilshire Consumer Credit
www.ineedcashnow.net Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

Wilshire Consumer Credit I am being charged 69% interest rate for refinancing my 1998 SUV with this company. I specifically ask the guy over the phone at time what would be the APR, he told me 5-15%! Now I feel stuck with them for something that I may never pay off! Los Angeles California

*Consumer Comment: rerer

This company is one of the biggest ripoffs ever! I was in a desperate state at the time, my rent had just gotten raised and I was falling behind with my car payment. So I decided to search for a different company to refinance my SUV. I stumbled upon this company, and the representative over the phone was very helpful and kind. He told me all the things that I would need to get me approved. So I did it, and was approved within hours. I was excited and relieved. I ask the rep how much would the interest rate be, he told me that it was about 5-15% interest rate, so I said good ok I'll do it. I also asked him if I wanted to pay the loan off early would I be able to, he say yes, they would take what I had currently paid and apply it to the principal. After a few months, and i was more at ease with my current life situation, I took a look over my contract, and it's at a 69% interest rate!! I was furious, not only have I now been swindled, but the rep flat out lied to me over the phone. I called him to ask him to explain to me why the rate was so high, and asked why did he tell mw that it was going to be at 5-15%, he said that he never told me that. So we argued about, and I told him to get the tape, he told NO, there was no need you signed so you pay!! Well I recently checked with them and I asked them how much was my payoff, and I found the pay off is hire than the actual loan that I got from them. Now I feel as though I am stuck with these people for more than my truck is actually worth. I am a single parent of 4, and I can't afford to pay these people for 4yrs on a 1998 truck!!

Denna
Bellflower, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2007 05:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wilshire-Consumer-Credit/Los-Angeles-California/Wilshire-Consumer-Credit-I-am-being-charged-69-interest-rate-for-refinancing-my-1998-SUV-286919. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wilshire Consumer Credit

rerer

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

You financed through a title-loan place. So it is not surprising that the interest rate is at a crazy amount.

You know what happens now, right? The second you are late with ONE payment there is going to be a tow truck in your driveway to take your vehicle.

My suggestion? Lock your vehicle inside your garage and take the bus everywhere.