Complaint Review: Wilshire Consumer Credit

• Updated: Tue, September 18, 2012

• Reported By: Conchita — Menifee California United States of America
Wilshire Consumer Credit
P.O. Box 76809 Internet United States of America

Wilshire Consumer Credit Erroneous Accounting Balance and Unknown Fees InternetLos Angeles, California

*Consumer Comment: What Does Your Contract Say?

In 1/1/12, I filed a report to better business bureau regarding this company.  I requested several times to give me a monthly updated balance after each payment with principal paid and balance.  Everyone that I talked to in this company said they don't do that.  Am I not entitled to know where my payment went and to get an accurate subtraction on my principal and interest?  I have been flabbergasted by the repossession fee they also added when I did not receive any letter of repossession or was I notified by mail.  My payments are continuous except for one month when my check was delayed but I doubled the payment on the following month.

I also notified them about the delay so many times and they harassed me with calls and also very late at night.  After doubling the payment the company took all payment and applied it to the interest also my balance went up despite the huge payment.  This is the reason why I ask each month I pay for statement of principal paid and interest paid.  After three months, they added a repossession fee. My car was not repossessed!!! No notice in mail either.  I feel these people are taking advantage of me because I am older.  I am making payments and not knowing where they apply my payments to this day.  I borrowed  $6783 and now my balance almost $8,000.  I have been paying since April 2011.  Please investigate my account.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2012 01:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wilshire-Consumer-Credit/internet/Wilshire-Consumer-Credit-Erroneous-Accounting-Balance-and-Unknown-Fees-InternetLos-Angele-942745. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wilshire Consumer Credit

What Does Your Contract Say?

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

Questions abound here...

What was the amount of principle and interest as shown on the contract? Were you repo'ed or were you not? Were you ever late? What does the contract say about increased interest generated along with late fees if you are late? Are you aware in the beginning of the loan most of the payment is applied to the interest? Do they have an office nearby where you can GO IN PERSON to discuss this with them? Can you go to the dealer and discuss it with them? Also, do you think the BBB is some government agency which is going to arrest them? The BBB is nothing more than a snake-in-the-grass SCAM. The BBB has absolutely ZERO CONNECTION with any government body. The BBB is a SCAM. Check out bbbroundup.com or go to You Tube and enter "BBB SCAM".