Complaint Review: Wilshire Skyline Inc

• Submitted: Wed, April 07, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, April 07, 2010

• Reported By: Chris — Los Angeles California United States of America
Wilshire Skyline Inc
6404 Wilshire Boulevard Los Angeles, California 90048-5530 los angeles, California United States of America

Wilshire Skyline Inc CROOKS No heat, cockroaches, noise, Kept 700 of deposit and would not give me a walk through. we left it spotless los angeles, California

PLEASE PLEASE do yourself a favor and do not rent from any of their apts.  We moved from out of state to the Nirvana on 1775 North Orange.  The Manager lied not once to our faces but everytime we dealt with her.  Her lies were parking," no problem".  Huge lie.  They did not allow dogs.  I heard non stop barking from the dog upstairs.  Asked about noise.  Nonstop noise from everywhere.  Asked about roaches.  Roaches everywhere 3 to 4 a day in the kitchen, on the bed, bathroom, everywhere.  All of that aside they would not fix the heat.  We had no working heat almost the whole time we were there.  They fixed it  half assly the last month we were there. The utilities are done through them.  So we were paying 110. a month for elec and gas.  No matter what!!! we were gone for weeks at a time and the amount for the utilities always stayed the same.  IT WAS A NIGHTMARE
I just wanted to walk away find a new place and put the last year behind me.  My deposit was 700 dollars short of the 1600 I had coming.  I talked to lawyers and it comes down to this.  THEY KNOW EXACTLY HOW MUCH MONEY THEY CAN TAKE AND NOT HAVE TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE.  700 IS NOT ENOUGH FOR LAWYERS TO TAKE A CASE LIKE THIS.  I promise that they do this to every renter.  I also was told that small claims court was not a good idea.  They can appeal and then come back with a lawyer.  Per the lease I would be the one paying for that.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2010 09:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wilshire-Skyline-Inc/los-angeles-California-90048/Wilshire-Skyline-Inc-CROOKS-No-heat-cockroaches-noise-Kept-700-of-deposit-and-would-n-590438. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wilshire Skyline Inc