Complaint Review: Wilson Luna Ltd

• Submitted: Wed, January 09, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, January 09, 2013

• Reported By: Ripped off by Wilson Luna — UK South Other United Kingdom
Wilson Luna Ltd
Wilson Luna Limited 1st Floor Highlands House 165 Internet United States of America

Wilson Luna Ltd Business Prophet Substandard service, appalling customer service, refusal to issue refund, inability to deliver business training, sharp practices London Internet

*Author of original report: Same bull, same manure....

*Consumer Comment: Total manipulation of those without business knowledge

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Wilson Luna Review

*Author of original report: Wilson Luna's training is, for sure, not business training - thank you for proving it yet again

*Consumer Comment: My experience of this course has been life-changing

*Consumer Comment: Deluded speakers create deluded fans

*Author of original report: How can Wlson Luna continue doing what he does?

*Consumer Comment: WILSON LUNA IS NOT JESUS CHRIST

Slaughterhouse-Five, or Wilson Luna's "Business Profit": the Good, the Bad and the Ugly

What it is:

Wilson Luna, a motivational speaker from Australia who modestly calls himself "business prophet", has been running courses in the UK from the end of 2011. He invites people who want to expand their businesses on a free 2-day course, at the end of which he offers a mentorship programme for 4,997. This figure may change now in 2013. This includes his Internet-based learning, his video course, his published books about finance, participation in the network of like-minded people and 6 days of advanced training in the UK, as well as unlimited additional training if you want to join his course in Australia. The focus, he says, would be on helping everyone expand their business and on business modelling.

I liked the freebie course in July, thought that what Wilson was offering was amazing value, and paid 4,997 upfront. [continued below]....
.....

By October I realised that it was a shockingly bad investment, the worst 5K ever spent. So here are the lessons.

Why I paid:

I paid because my previous experience with training was exceptionally positive. I went on Tony Robbins' UPW (personal development) and paid upfront for his Mastery University - the best ever 10K I spent in my life. I went on Keith Cunningham's freebie intro course (business psychology) and paid for his business psychology teachings - the best 2K ever on understanding business mentality. This was in 2004-2007.

I have used the pre-payment model to my clients and students in my own business, having learnt from the best, and offering amazing value in exchange for trust.

This time it did not work.

Why it did not work:

Wilson Luna is a motivational speaker. He keeps saying he is not, but he is. The best part of what he does, by far, is the 2-day freebie course (on which he calls himself a business consultant rather than a motivational speaker). How does it compare with Tony, if Tony is 10? Around 4, 5 at times. So not bad and a useful reminder.

But when you learn from Tony Robbins  whether you agree with him or not, you feel you are in the presence of greatness. On Wilson Luna's courses you keep remembering Karl Marx's immortal quote: "History repeats itself, first as a tragedy, then as a farce".

How does it compare with Keith Cunningham if Keith is 10? Oh, -1, at most. There was no business modelling or analysis involved. In fact, when I re-read my notes from Keith Cunningham's courses, there was far, far more.

Now the good, the bad and the ugly:

The good:

Great for beginners who have never done any form of personal development. Deja-vu for all others.

If you are looking to understand Facebook, how it works and how you can tap into what people want through Facebook, definitely go on the freebie course. Luna does everything through Facebook, his business lives and breathes it.

If you need to ask yourself questions in either your business and personal life, and you are not sure what these questions are, spend two days on Luna's course, you may get closer to your answers. The time I spent on the freebie course was definitely useful.

"Followers" say he has changed their way of thinking, so some people have had a lot of use from it.

The bad:

You will be constantly harassed to keep pushing Wilson Luna to your family and friends, to bring him more followers and raving fans, and to drool about him on Facebook. You can get publicly humiliated and shouted at at the end of Day 1 if you admit that you haven't done it. Your value in the Luna system is based on your yield of followers. So if you are not a multi-level marketing aficionado, it is going to annoy the hell out of you. .
He will be NLP'ing you a lot by suggesting that if you don't emotionally buy into his stuff then there is something wrong with you because you are "transactional" rather than "raving fan".

But most importantly, there is NOTHING on the advanced courses that you can't  get off the freebie course. It's the rehash of the same. There will be more humiliation involved, more emotional buy-in. I don't know if he still does that exercise when you have to look people in the eye and say:"I don't care enough about you to save you" in an imitation plane crash, and get shouted at if you don't sound genuine when you go around people saying this horsesh*t, but that's the kind of "advanced" stuff that you are going to get.

The ugly

Despite  Luna declaring that he is into people, he is really into their wallets. He will take money from people who just need a shoulder to cry on; he will look you in the eye and say he will help you grow your business when he knows damn well that he won't.

If you question anything you will be stonewalled: your emails won't be answered, your unused portion of the course won't be refunded. You will be cut off the Facebook group and all your attempts to leave any feedback which is not adulation will be deleted.

Sometimes I felt that I was sitting in a room with a lot of people who were looking for God in all the wrong places, and that was pretty scary.

So that's why I chose the immortal Slaughterhouse-Five is a metaphor for my experience and the de-motivational poster above as a metaphor for what I believe Luna's thinking is.

The verdict

Strong Caution recommended. This is NOT business training.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2013 05:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wilson-Luna-Ltd/internet/Wilson-Luna-Ltd-Business-Prophet-Substandard-service-appalling-customer-service-refusal-993776. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wilson Luna Ltd

Same bull, same manure....

AUTHOR: Ripped off by Wilson Luna - ()

Thank you very much for the kind words about my original report. I also researched the background of Wilson Luna and found that he had no business credentials to speak of whatsoever, none, nada, not a sausage. This is all covered in my blog: "A Weekly Dose of Light - Sunshine is the Best Disinfectant". I can't put direct links on Ripoff Report,  but it's my blog post dated 15 February 2013 : Part 4: Mover, shaker, millionaire maker, and other secrets and lies on the Valentine's Day.

So... 18 months down the line, the Wilson Luna still continues to dupe credulous vulnerable people into parting with their money. It is a truly sad situation when Facebook fame has replaced true credentials. But at least more people are wakig  up to the truth. Thank you again.

Total manipulation of those without business knowledge

AUTHOR: Justaconcernedcustomer - ()

Hi,

I would just like to thank the person who wrote this review about the Wilson Luna event. Having heard good reviews from a few people via word of mouth, I dedided to give up 2 days (well 1 of my precious weekend). Being pretty busy I didn't goodle before...but I must say what a con.

I am actually a Business Strategy consultant at one of the big four with a strong business background. And I have to say he spoke absoulte shit and use manipulative sales techniques to try and sell. I had never heard of him before and was supprised to hear that he apparently advises top CIO's. This I strongly doubt. Strategy for blue chip organisations is done either internally or by Strategy Firms like mine. We charge about $4000 ish a day for a very Senior Partner to assist in developing strategy - its usually done by a team of people over 4 - 12 weeks depending on the specific project. You can't really understand someone's business enough in 1 hour to give them any relevant advice.

I was also supprised that some of the examples he used showed he actually had very little business understanding himself. At one stage he proposed someone start a professional services firm for accounting using Indian offshoring. It was clear from the way he spoke he had absoutely no idea about outsourcing and how its used in professional services.

It seemed that he just knew a few business buzz words and was a great speaker. I through a few more complex questions at him diplomatically, neither could he answer and he avoided my questions for the rest of the session. He just told me I needed to pay for the course :)

I realised when I was there that he was manipulating people who were desperate or not business savvy it was quite upsetting. I felt like somehow I should tell them - but there were so many who spoke about him being god like it didn't seem worth it.

He did an activity at the end about him owning a Ferrarai ... still not sure how this was relevant, other than him showing how successful he was to the audience.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Wilson Luna Review

AUTHOR: scammedbyluna - ()

The worst thing about this company is that they make unsubstantiated claims. It's now a common theme in the public speaking world to promote yourself as internationally acclaimed, global leader, making a global impact. When you research these claims you find a start up business that has been trading at best for a few years at worst a few months.

Their impact is so global that they have less than 300 hits on their youtube videos, but people still fall for it.

I am seriously worried for the human race.

AUTHOR: Ripped off by Wilson Luna - ()

Thank you for this, just proves my point. You had spent  7  years doing personal development and being broke… that’s a long time. Here comes Luna Group with the right mindset and you are on with the fairy dust. Happy days.  Knowing how much personal development courses cost (and the good ones cost that much for a reason) you could have become a leading neurosurgeon with an Ivy League degree. But hey, everyone to their own.

Sounds like you have done your share of weekend/part time/Groupon/ crash NLP and hypnotherapy courses, with long words like “abreaction” being thrown into the bargain.  Good for you, my learned friend. Except that there are certain things that are hard to polish, and the course in question just happens to be one of them.

I am exited for you and your earning potential, however if you continue to discriminate against people who had “father issues” (this kind of covers anyone who had a father); “issues around trust” (that’s a biggie, remember this in your life: when the push comes to shove you will hurt like there is no tomorrow); “authority” (any entrepreneur worth their salt struggles with authority), you may run out of people to make your millions from.  Good luck though!

My experience of this course has been life-changing

AUTHOR: AJ2309 - ()

My own personal experiences with Wilson Luna have been profound and life-changing. Yes, he swears, yes he is blunt, yes he steps over people's sensibilities, but then again he is not a life coach and does not purport to be. He is making millionaires. He is himself a self-made multi-millionaire so teaches from experience. As a transformational speaker for business, he is on a level with T-Harv and Robbins. However, his teaching style does not suit everyone.

If you have delicate sensibilities or profound father issues or issues around trust or authority it is quite possible you may end up hating the course, or him, or both, or writing a scathing report like the above, from which it is clear that the writer had some kind of emotional abreaction to Wilson's "Dragon's Den" style methods which -while they may not have worked for him- are currently transforming not only my life but the lives of many people who have chosen to listen and put into action the principles and models outined in the course.

I earn almost ten times what I earnt before joining the course and have just started my own business which using Wilson's model will easily turn over more than £1 Million in it's first year. The report that this is "personal development and not business training" is profoundly false. I have done personal development for 7 years and was always broke until I joined the Luna group. Now I know I will never struggle with money because of the mindset that I have adopted through joining this course.

It saddens me to see this report as it is an inherently unfair reflection of both the course or the person and may unfortunately end up keeping someone who needs it from the most transformational experience of their lives.

Deluded speakers create deluded fans

AUTHOR: Clarity - ()

Wilson Luna continues doing what he's doing because his raving fans are as deluded and dishonest as he is. The testimonials on his website all attribute their success to Wilson Luna. Not one of them talks about their personal/business mentor that they pay $$$ an hour to; or the countless other seminars and workshops they attend on a regular basis.

There is a big overlap between people and their personal development endeavours. Those who attend Luna also attend a whole host of others, from the Robbins to the Dermatinis; from the unheard of to the obscure. Also known as seminar junkies. Idol worshippers. And in this case... Truth compromising, misleading representatives of deluded motivational speakers.

How can Wlson Luna continue doing what he does?

AUTHOR: Fighting for money back - ()

Well, I have now read six Ripoff Reports on this website, and they are all saying the same tihng.

I have been fighting for my refund for almost a year now with the credit card company. I just hope that by now more people have demanded a refund through their credit card companies, and eventually the card providers will take a hard look at who this merchant really is, a scam artist who manipulates people into paying him money again and again.

WILSON LUNA IS NOT JESUS CHRIST

AUTHOR: Ray - ()

An accurate account of the pitfalls of Wilson Luna's organisation. Stockholm Syndrome also comes to mind and I say this first hand. The turning point was advanced course 3 which was like advanced course 2 and advanced course 1; and the realisation that I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS TO MY ENEMIES LET ALONE MY FRIENDS.

Like the above ex member, I liked the free seminar and slightly cajoled by his adoring crew, I signed up. I couldn't get into worshipping him though and I don't buy into the idea that Wilson Luna is Jesus Christ.  He has been likend to The Messiah, Ghandi, Anthony Robbins, you name it.  The difference is he does not deliver.

One of his 10 Commandments is Mind Your Own Business which also means no gossiping. This deters you from voicing your concerns and pointing out the bold inconsistencies that exist between the promises he makes in his free course and the service you get once you've paid up.  Wilson Luna only wants raving fans who can bring more raving fans. He doesn't care about his 'critics' as he calls them and advises you to do the same in your business.  If this goes against your morals, then you need to devise your own customer service business model. He has an automated service that replies to all complaints.  Which includes yours!  So if you think you're special or will be treated any differently should you wish to complain, think again.  You're either a raving fan or a critic.  There really is no refund policy so people stay to make the most of their money.

Yes, he still does the aeroplane exercise and members still cry and fall apart.  All crew are volunteeers who stand on their feet for 12 to 16 hours at a time.  They cover their own costs including food and drinks.  In return Wilson Luna intimidates them behind the scenes and gives so much mixed feedback that some of them don't know whether they are coming or going.