Complaint Review: WinZip Computing

• Updated: Mon, January 07, 2013

• Reported By: Hester Green — Oakland California United States of America
WinZip Computing
PO Box 540 Mansfield, Connecticut United States of America

WinZip Computing I purchased compression/decompression software but was not given a registration number even though my payment was debited from my bank account. Mansfield, Connecticut

*Consumer Comment: my experience with Winzip was ok

*Consumer Comment: Comment

On July 14th I purchased WinZIP software and my payment was completed but WinZIP failed to give me the registration code needed to use the software.  On the same day, I submitted a customer service form regarding the missing reg. number and got an automated response stating that I would get a response by the next business day.  That day came and went with no response.

WinZIP website provides no phone number to contact any intelligent life at WinZIP to get this problem resolved.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2012 10:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WinZip-Computing/Mansfield-Connecticut-06258/WinZip-Computing-I-purchased-compressiondecompression-software-but-was-not-given-a-regis-913077. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WinZip Computing

my experience with Winzip was ok

AUTHOR: JFresh - (United States of America)

I bought and downloaded the Driver Updater.  The software didn't fix the problems it claimed it could handle. The technical support girl I spoke to was very nice.  I was really mad and frustrated when I called too!  She was patient with me and explained (in terms I can understand) that the Driver Updater should be installed on my computer within the first three months after purchase for it to work the way it's supposed to.

Winzip failed to state that on their download page.  Otherwise I wouldn't have wasted so much time.

The technical support girl offered a refund.  I didn't even have to ask. She transferred my call to the billing department, which was also very pleasant to work with. I got a refund- NO PROBLEM.
Their site doesn't have a customer support phone number.  You have to go thru the technical phone number (855) 200-2132.

They offered to remotely fix the issue for a fraction of what Best Buy wanted to charge me, but I'm too frustrated to deal with that today... That's my story :-)

AUTHOR: Jim Martin - (USA)

Try this site.