Complaint Review: WinZip Computing

• Submitted: Wed, April 03, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, May 28, 2013

• Reported By: mitzer — Petrolia Pennsylvania
WinZip Computing
PO Box 540 Mansfield, CT 06268 USA Fax: (++ 1) 860 Internet United States of America

WinZip Computing Winziz steals yopur money through poor software interface and NO SUPPORT Internet

*Consumer Comment: ON the MONEY

*Consumer Suggestion: Did you

On Mar 31, 2013 I purchased Winzip Pro 17 on line.  This is not the first purchase from this company nor the first purchase of this version.  I downloaded and when I entered the validation number, the message was that the validation computer could not be reached.  When I tried again the message was that the number was already in use.  I removed the software and tried again several times.  WinZip has no support as far as I can tell.  No emails to their help desk are acknowledged or answered.  I tried obtaining information  from the page that is supposed to email your account information.  The onscreen response is that the information has been emailed.  The truth is that nothing arrives and there is no way to reach your info online.  My conclusion is that something stinks with their support (nonexistent) and furthermore they have stolen from me and have failed to rectify the situation.  Naturally they took my money immediately.  This makes the company a Fraudster.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2013 08:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WinZip-Computing/internet/WinZip-Computing-Winziz-steals-yopur-money-through-poor-software-interface-and-NO-SUPPORT-1040297. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WinZip Computing

ON the MONEY

AUTHOR: 679 Dell Street - ()

Just wanted to support this complaint... Everything here is so accurate

I am the President of a company in San Diego and I want to work with this person to commence a class action suit against Win-Zip.. What a bunch of BS these people are

I went to UNISTALL WinZip then was asked to purchase a magazine subscription (for $3.99) with the gurantee I would recieve my WinZip code for doing so...

Nothing came except my Credit Card bill .... These people are total Fraudsters as gentlman below states..

Would like his name or email to join my charge agains these A -- Holes

Joe

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Did you

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

I just search (google) for winzip pro and found winzip.com site.

Did you buy it from winzip.com? If so, while you are browsing the site (store.winzip.com), scroll down to the bottom and there is a "contact" link right after "Term & Condition" link. Click on the contact link and you will see their contact depending on your locale (country).

Also, when you requested for information to be sent to your email, have you checked the spam or trash folder on your webmail? Have your mail server set to automatically bounce any likely-spam email?

I am not sure why you need winzip in the first place by the way. You could use any free compress/decompress program on Windows. 7zip is also good and can deal with most compress algorithms out there...