Complaint Review: Windham Professionals

• Updated: Thu, December 13, 2012

• Reported By: Syvell — Milwaukee Wisconsin United States of America
Windham Professionals
300 Gleed Ave NY. East Aurora, New York United States of America

Windham Professionals False and misleading information. Threats of wage garnishments. Insisted several attempts made to contact me but could only confirm two. East Aurora, New York

I was first contacted by Windham Professionals to collect a student loan debt.  I was told that my wages would be garnished if I didn't pay $1700 a month.  I explained that that was not possible and they'd have to lower the payments.  After weeks of threats of garnishment we finally agreed on $530 a month. After 6 consecutive payments my loans would come out of financial aid suspension according to them. After 9 consecutive payments my loans were to be out of defult all together.

I agreed to make a first payment using my credit card and future payments through automatic bank transfers from my check card.  Windham screwed it up.  They attempted to take payments from my credit card beyond the date agreed.

When we spoke concerning what they perceived to be a missed payment, I cleared up the confusion with the payment method. I provided them once again with the right account information.  I was told by an individual that claimed to be a manager that they would wave the missed payment and keep my account current.  My payment due date was adjusted. My payments are $265 every two weeks.

Now that I'm at the 6 consecutive payment mark, Windham professionals is telling me that the missed September payment excludes me from the ealier agreement of releasing the financial aid suspension. Apparently the individual I spoke with was not a manager as he stated.  The supposed manager that I spoke to on 12/13/2012 insisted that there is no way I'm going to get out of this and asked if I wanted to discontinue the program not that I'm within 3 months of completing it...

I feel that I've been scammed out of $3000....   Help!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/13/2012 04:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Windham-Professionals/East-Aurora-New-York-14052/Windham-Professionals-False-and-misleading-information-Threats-of-wage-garnishments-Ins-981731. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Windham Professionals