Complaint Review: Windham Professionals

• Reported By: Frank — Denton Texas United States of America
Windham Professionals
380 Main Street Salem, New Hampshire United States of America

Windham Professionals Student Loan Rehabilitation Program Salem, New Hampshire

In March of 2008, I signed up with Windham Professionals in the Student Loan Rehabilitation Program.  As stated in other reports, I was told that if I made regular payments for 9 months, my loans would be reported as current and I would no longer be in default.  I completed all of the paperwork which included the agreed payment amount and began the program.  My loans originally went into default because I was unemployed for an extended period of time, like many people in 2007-9.

In December of 2008, I asked about the status of my loan and rehabilitation program.  I was told the loans were being offered to other lenders for purchase and as soon as they were sold, everything would be normal, however, I needed to continue making the payments each month.
In March 2009, I again asked for the status my loans and was told the same thing again.  I continued making payments until August of 2009 (17 months).

In August 2009, I demanded to know the status of my loans, I was told that all I had to do was complete some paperwork and my loans would be transferred to another lender.  I waited and was confused when the paperwork was again the same rehabilitation packet I recieved in March 2008.  I called and asked about the paperwork.  At this point, I was told that I had been removed from the rehabilitation program in June of 2008 because the lender rejected by payment offer.

I asked why I was never told that I was taken out of the program.  When I asked why they did not send a written notification of the change, the representataive told me they did not have to send me anything, but they tried to call me.  I told her that was not correct because I had spoke to representatives on a number of occasions after June 2008 and was never told that the terms of the arrangement were changed.

Now, my loans are paid through wage garnishment and I cannot get them out because the original lender refuses to work with me and insists I deal with Windham Professionals.   I refuse to sign any agreements with them since they have already demonstrated they cannot be trusted and are willing to do or say anything to keep the borrower paying.

Someone in another report stated they were the nicest people and very helpful.  I thought the same thing right up to the point I realize that I had been ripped off.  I paid Windham over $5000 to rehab my loans and now three years later, I am still in the same spot I was before the offered to "help".
Do not deal with this company.  They are deceptive and dishonest.  I just wish the federal government would go after them for using the federal loan rehabilitation guidelines as a lure to trap unsuspecting borrowers.  This company is anything but professional.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/12/2011 08:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Windham-Professionals/Salem-New-Hampshire-03079/Windham-Professionals-Student-Loan-Rehabilitation-Program-Salem-New-Hampshire-716650. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Windham Professionals