Complaint Review: Windows Solutions World

• Submitted: Sat, July 30, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, July 30, 2011

• Reported By: GuardDog — Charlottesville Virginia United States of America
Windows Solutions World

Windows Solutions World Windows Care Phone Scam Deceptive Sales Tactics, Internet

This guy with an Indian or Pakistani accent phoned me and said that my computer had reported an error with Windows and that his job was to call me and help me fix the problem. He was a little hard to understand but he implied that he was calling from Microsoft.

He asked me several questions about what operating system I used, and so forth.

He said that it appeared that my computer had been infected with viruses and that he would guide me thru the process of deleting them.

He then had me go thru several screens in the control panel, system tools and so forth.  He had me look up some obscure term on Google, mainly to see if my internet connection was working.

He had me bring up Windows Logs under System Tools.  He said all the errors and warnings I saw
there were the viruses that I have. I believe this is totally false, but he was making the situation sound critical.

Then he told me that I needed to go to www.windowssolutionworld.com in my IE browser and run the system scan there. This site brought up an annual membership plan that would scan and fix my computer for an annual membership fee.  He said this was the only way he could help me save my computer now.

I have not been having any problems with my computer and I am careful to scan it frequently and so forth.  So I realized this guy was just a salesman for the company doing cold calls and trying to scare me into buying an annual subscription to their service.  The old protection racket.

This company also calls itself Windowscare, and I cant find any information on either name in the search engines except for links back to the companys sales site.  It is not affiliated with Microsoft in any way that I can determine.  These are extremely misleading and dishonest sales tactics, trying to intimidate people into buying a specific service that they most likely do not need.  Beware!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2011 03:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Windows-Solutions-World/internet/Windows-Solutions-World-Windows-Care-Phone-Scam-Deceptive-Sales-Tactics-Internet-758608. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Windows Solutions World