Complaint Review: Windshield Specialists

Windshield Specialists
3251 Landmark Dr. N. Charleston, South Carolina United States of America

Windshield Specialists Bad Business N. Charleston, South Carolina

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Bogus Report

After being talked into replacing my windshield while at the Cactus Car Wash in N. Charleston, I allowed them to go ahead and replace it. I didn't feel comfortable initially and I should have listened to my gut feelings. It wasn't until after they installed my windshield that a couple of days later, I kept hearing some kind of whistling noise. I pulled into one of the local glass shops just to discover that my windshield had been replaced with cheap glass. Like most people, I was clueless as to the different types of auto glass. However, I got educated pretty darn fast! Even my own insurance company told me that they (Windshield Specialists) were NOT part of their glass program and whatever warranty that the company offered, would be my only warranty and that my insurance company WOULD NOT support me if there was an issue. Now, I had an issue, actually two issues. The whistling noise and the cheap glass.

I went ahead and let the real professionals replace my windshield, paying for it out of my own pocket. When their installer took that cheap glass out, he took the time to show me how poorly it was installed. Once my knew windshield was installed, I did call the Cactus Car Wash on Rivers Avenue to complain about the glass company they had on their lot. I am not sure who I spoke with, but he sounded like he could care less about my complaints.

Since it is obvious that the upper management at Cactus Car Wash doesn't care who they allow on their lot to sell auto glass, I, being a business owner who sends my entire fleet to Cactus for washing and detailing, will NEVER give them my business ever again as long as they allow this shady company to remain on their grounds.

I have learned the hard way that we should make sure that we use a company who participates in your insurance companies glass program. At least, if something happens, we can call our insurance company and they will make things right. So, please use ONLY those glass companies that are on your insurance company's participating glass program. You will certainly be glad you did!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2010 01:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Windshield-Specialists/N-Charleston-South-Carolina-29418/Windshield-Specialists-Bad-Business-N-Charleston-South-Carolina-627909. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Windshield Specialists

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Bogus Report

AUTHOR: Windshield Specialists President - (United States of America)

What bothers me about this web site, is the fact someone can write unfounded garbage like this report. There is no accountability of the individual whom writes these reports, and in the past we have found a report like this to have been written by a competitor or past disgruntled employee. I just came cross this and of course very much want to set the truth straight. First of all, our company has been in business since 2009 and has not, nor will not change its name to avoid publicity or it's obligation to stand behind our services and products.

As a matter of fact, we very much pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality of customer service to our customers. After building from the ground up and owning a auto glass company since the early 1990's, I sold this original auto glass business around 2003. I worked 100 hour weeks and very hard to build this original business, and fulfilled the American dream by eventually selling it. In 2009 I decided to build another company and today I am proud to say we employ over 20 employees. Secondly, The Cactus Car Wash is one of the most reputable companies in the area.

Therefore, they will not let just any company cooperative market with them. We are proud of the fact we have been chosen to participate with them. And make no mistake, we are held to the same high standards The Cactus Car Wash holds their own employees to. We have over 10,000 customers and believe me, if our customer service was anywhere as poor as this individual states, I can assure you we would not be a cooperative marketing partner with The Cactus Car Wash chain.

As to this individuals claim that his air leak was from the use of cheap glass, more so indicates this individual does not have a clue as to what caused his problem. The windshield glass does not cause air leaks. It is actually the one bead of Urethane Glue, which is placed on the glass and glues the glass to the car that causes the air leak. On occasion, the glue can get an air bubble in it. This air bubble causes a pin hole, and with the high velocity of air that penetrates his pin hole, causes the whistle or air leak. This is not uncommon, and there is not a windshield company that on occasion does not have a warranty to fix this kind of problem. It usually is a very simple fix.

The fact that this individual did not take advantage of our lifetime warranty and call us to take care of this minor problem eludes me. Once again, seems like a competitor that wrote this unfounded review. Finally, we actually purchase our auto glass from the same manufacturers as every other glass shop in town. There are only three warehouse manufacturers in town. Therefore, the quality of auto glass our company installs is the same as all other auto glass companies in the area. We are proud of the services and parts we use. Most importantly, we pride ourselves on our customer service.

Scott Roberts, President Windshield Specialists