foam

• Submitted: Mon, July 18, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, July 19, 2011

• Reported By: Harriette — Jemez Springs New Mexico United States of America
Windstream Communication
1720 Galleria Blvd, Charlotte, NCV 28270 Charlotte, North Carolina United States of America

Windstream Communication Paying for High Speed DSL, Not Getting Since January Charlotte, North Carolina

*UPDATE Employee: Windstream

*UPDATE Employee: Windstream Communication Paying for

Since January, my internet speed has been very slow. I did a speed test a couple of weeks ago to discover that my internet speed is 0.33 MBPS (download) and 0.37 MBPS (upload). It's supposed to be 3.00 MBPS. When I reported it to Windstream, they told me my lines were all messed up and convinced me that it must be an inside line thing. So they sold me a $9.95 inside line protection plan. When the technician came out, he called me first and told me that it was an area problem. He said that Windstream had oversold their DSL in my area, creating a bottleneck, so everyone had been experiencing this same problem since January 2011. He said they were still working on it. I called Windstream to cancel that inside line protection program and asked about compensation to their users (us) in my area. They told me that compensation on our bills would only come AFTER they fixed the problem. This is not fair. We are paying all these months for high speed internet and we are not getting it. I also doubt that compensation will ever be given us for this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2011 05:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Windstream-Communication/Charlotte-North-Carolina-28270/Windstream-Communication-Paying-for-High-Speed-DSL-Not-Getting-Since-January-Charlotte-754667. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Windstream Communication

Windstream

AUTHOR: Windstream - (U.S.A.)

We are sorry to hear of your recent Windstream experience. We take matters like yours seriously and want to resolve your issue with your Windstream service. Please contact our Complaint Resolution Team at 877-316-4077 Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm EST. You may also email us at wincanhelp@windstream.com with your windstream number, a number you can be reached and the issues you are experiencing and we will be happy to help.

Windstream Communication Paying for

AUTHOR: Windstream - (U.S.A.)

We are sorry to hear of your recent Windstream experience. We take matters like yours seriously and want to resolve your issue with your broadband service.  Please contact our Complaint Resolution Team at 877-316-4077 Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm EST. You may also email us at wincanhelp@windstream.com with your Windstream number, a number you can be reached and the issues you are having. We will be happy to assist you.