Complaint Review: Windstream Communications

• Updated: Thu, November 15, 2012

• Reported By: OKSuze — Broken Arrow Oklahoma United States of America
Windstream Communications
Building 4 Fifth Floor, Little Rock, AR Internet United States of America

Windstream Communications Insists I pay for services I did not receive after I terminated with them, Internet

*Author of original report: "Assistance" from Windstream

*UPDATE Employee: Assistance with billing

I called Windstream Communications on 10/2/12 to cancel all of my bundled services (telephone, internet, satellite tv through Dish Network) with them effective 10/6/12.   They informed me that I would need to contact Dish Network directly to cancel that service, even though it was part of my Windstream bundle.  I did call Dish Network immediately after talking with Windstream and cancelled my service with them effective 10/6/12.

I have now been billed $137.63 by Windstream for all of my services between 10/4/12 and 11/3/12.

I have spoken by phone with three different Windstream representatives and explained to them that I did not receive their services after 10/6/12 and would like to have my bill prorated to reflect only the charges due for the two days of the billing cycle for which I did actually receive their services.  The first two reps simply refused to even discuss the possibility of proration and the third ("Kristin" in their financial department) finally told me that "Windstream does not prorate."  So, even though I only received their services for 2 days of the billing cycle, I am required to pay for the additional 28 days during which I did NOT receive their services.  Ridiculous!  Isn't this illegal?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2012 03:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Windstream-Communications/internet/Windstream-Communications-Insists-I-pay-for-services-I-did-not-receive-after-I-terminated-967068. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Windstream Communications

"Assistance" from Windstream

AUTHOR: OKSuze - (United States of America)

I have contacted Amanda from Windstream as she requested in her reply to my complaint.  However, she, too, insists that my account was closed October 23 (not October 6 as I had originally requested).  She further states that Windstream does not have a proration policy but that she will credit my account $25.44 for services not received between October 23rd and November 3rd (12 days).  My service was changed to a new provider on October 6 (as I originally told Windstream that it would be) and I did not receive Windstream's service after that date.  It is my belief that Windstream actually owes me a credit for 28 days of service, not 12 days.  I clearly told them that I wanted to cancel my service as of October 6th and, if it took them until the 23rd to do it, that's their  problem, not mine.  I have filed complaints with the Little Rock, AR Better Business Bureau, the FTC, the FCC, the Arkansas Attorney General and the Oklahoma Attorney General.  Stand by for updates.

Assistance with billing

AUTHOR: Wincanhelp - (United States of America)

Hello. My name is Amanda with Windstream Communications. I would be happy to review this issue for you in order to resolve.  Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com with your Windstream number, a number you can be reached and any information you feel is important and may assist in resolving your concerns. Thank you very much. - Amanda.