Complaint Review: Windstream Communications

Windstream Communications

Windstream Communications Not receiving services paid for. Internet

*Consumer Comment: windstream service

*Consumer Suggestion: File a lawsuit

Paying for 3Mbs, getting less than 1Mbs. Did not realize till just recently that there were different speeds that you could pay for. I have had Windstream for over ten years, so have been getting ripped off for over a decade and didn't know it. They are the only provider where I live, so they have the monopoly.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/25/2012 07:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Windstream-Communications/internet/Windstream-Communications-Not-receiving-services-paid-for-Internet-973535. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Windstream Communications

windstream service

AUTHOR: caveogre - ()

Everyone I know in town and I are getting horrible internet service as well, nothing close to the stated speeds.  Unfortunately, in the fine print, Windstream states they "manage" their data usage.  So during prime times, everyone is rationed out their data usage.  They also state their speeds as "up to".  They are the only ISP in the area or I would drop them like a hot potatoe.

If we have any recourse, I would love to know, but they seem to have covered themselves well in their agreements.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

File a lawsuit

AUTHOR: ISPwatchdog.org - (United States of America)

I just had Windstream installed and am regretting it already. I had them for about 9 months and went through all kinds of problems.  They garunteed that their service was much improved over the last year but I'm only getting 1/3 of my alloted speed and even less of the upload rate.  With a DSL connection you are supposed to get garunteed rates that don't vary with traffic and use by other broadband users.

I am a IT (computer/network tech) technician and when I call their tech support they give me total BS answers and tell me that it is some problem that is absolutely impossible or could have nothing to do with the issue.  They either hire totally unqualified tech's or they are running a scam, getting as many customers to pay and then providing shoddy service and not giving assistance when needed.

I have started a website that is going to focus on consumer advocacy for ISP users because if you don't speak tech talk, they will just talk rings around you and leave you scratching your head.  They can't do that with me nearly as easily so that I why I am offering my site as a way to collect compaints and issues with their service.  Look to my username for the domain of my site. Please excuse the look of the site as I am a tech, not a web designer so it is under construction.