Complaint Review: Windstream Communications

• Submitted: Wed, February 20, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, February 20, 2013

• Reported By: Mark — Geneva Ohio United States of America
Windstream Communications

Windstream Communications Very Poor Service provided and missleading advertisment Internet

I am a Windstream customer and have internet service with them. The cost of this service is about $60.00 a month . I was a customer before they became Windstream and had no issuse with the service that was provided. However that all changed about 6-8 months ago. During the morning and early afternoon hours my internete works great. However every evening about 7 EST my service slows down to a crawl. I called them for months about this issue being told it was an outage in my area. I was told we will send a service man out sometimes that happened most times not. I was told everything under the sun to basically get me to go away. I got so frustrated that i canceled my service but found no other high speed providers in my area. I had to go back well nothing has changed . However one thing that has changed is I have finally found out whats causing the problem. After repeated calls i finally spoke to someone with Windstream who explain the problem . Windstream has  taken on more customers than their equipment can provide service for. Their Lans are over utilized. Its fine early in the day when traffic on those Lans is low. However in the evening when people get home from work and start watching videos or downloading things or stream TV Latency rises.  My latency goes from about 50 early in the day to sometimes well over 5000 in the evening. Well due to my constant calling Windstream has given me credits to my bill for the last 3 months . The problem as i see it is they are continuing to add more customers and ripping off those that dont complain. I last spoke to someone from Windstream last night and was told nothing is in the works to fix the problems. I would encourage people to call and call and call. Also ask the about the over utilization of their lans . They will tell you nothing until you become to big of pain . Then they will credit you to shut you up. Well im looking for high speed internet not credits.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2013 07:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Windstream-Communications/internet/Windstream-Communications-Very-Poor-Service-provided-and-missleading-advertisment-Interne-1017223. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Windstream Communications