residential

• Submitted: Wed, November 14, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, November 21, 2012

• Reported By: Zach — Alto Georgia United States of America
Windstream
4001 Rodney Parham Road Little Rock, AR 72212 Alto, Georgia United States of America

Windstream offer DSL with speeds worse than dial-up and charges more for it in Alto, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Windstream's slow internet speed

Windstream so-called "High Speed" DSL Internet in my area is terrible. They knowingly oversubscribed services to the area without updating their infrastructure. Instead of the 3-12 MB per sec. that you pay for, you get 0.02-0.2 MB per sec. I thought it was just a problem with the equipment on my end, so I called technical support for months and they would work on it remotely, they sent out technicians, nothing made it better.

Finally, someone from their upper level technical support explained that they had too many customers in our area for the infrastructure and that the build out wouldn't be ready for 5 months? However, customers are still expected to pay full price for their services. I did the math...I am paying full price for less than 5% of the product I am receiving.

After months of frustration and wasted time, I finally was able to get a small credit that doesn't even soften the blow. [continued below]....
..... The internet is still slower than dial-up. It is ridiculous, and to top it all of no other service is available in this area. With work and schooling, I have no other choice?

I have been on many ISPs, but Windstream is the absolute worst in the country....period.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2012 06:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Windstream/Alto-Georgia-30510/Windstream-offer-DSL-with-speeds-worse-than-dial-up-and-charges-more-for-it-in-Alto-Geor-969327. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Windstream

Windstream's slow internet speed

AUTHOR: OKSuze - (United States of America)

I just read your complaint against Windstream.  I live in Oklahoma and was also a Windstream customer.  You may want to read the complaint I filed entitled "Windstream insists I pay for services I did not receive" and also my comment to the complaint posted just above yours.  Good luck!