Complaint Review: Windstream

• Updated: Mon, November 05, 2012

• Reported By: Arkansas USA
Windstream
1720 Galleria Blvd Internet United States of America

Windstream Low DL speeds, High ping times, refuses to upgrade equipment Internet

I have spent over 2 years complaining to Windstream about low download speeds, high ping times and latency issues.  I have been told that the problem is with my equipment and that the problem is not on their end, that they are aware of the problem and investigating it and that they will send a tech to see why we are having problems.  The problem is NOT on our end.  We have replaced our modem (three times), our router (twice), our computers, our phones and a technician came in five years ago and put in all new wiring outside the house then checked the wiring inside the house and declared it to be fine.  When I see that people in Georgia, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, North Carolina and all of the other areas that Windstream covers are having the exact same problems that we are, the problem is NOT on our end.  The problem is with Windstream overselling the area and then refusing to upgrade their equipment to provide the service their customers are paying for.  After over 4 months of almost weekly emails, telephone communication and online tech support contact, I was asked today by someone if I had called tech support.  The tech support staff is woefully inadequate.  I actually had a tech support person tell me that my question was too technical and that her job was get my computer on the internet.  She did not know or understand what I was asking.  For the record, I inquired about our loop length to the nearest 12M DSLAM.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/05/2012 01:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Windstream/internet/Windstream-Low-DL-speeds-High-ping-times-refuses-to-upgrade-equipment-Internet-965010. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Windstream