Complaint Review: Windstream

• Submitted: Sat, November 17, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, November 21, 2012

• Reported By: JacBetz — Gainesville Florida United States of America
Windstream

Windstream slow-speed internet service. Download speed .1, Upload speed .2 I pay for 3.0 Internet

*Consumer Comment: Comment on slow Windstream

Speed of my internet is so slow, it takes 10 minutes just to check my emails and I can't watch any videos. I pay $31.99/mo for high-speed internet of 3.0 mbps but my service is consistently slow at 0.1 mbps upload and 0.2 mbps download.  I have called and reported to Windstream over several months and they either disconnect me or tell me a service technician will call back -- which they never do.  One time when I called the woman said that there's too many people using the lines and the service has to be upgraded at the box.  I saw the Winstream truck alongside the road yesterday, parked alongside 4 deer dog hunting trucks and as I drove by he was putting a deer-dog in one of the pickup trucks.  I guess he's too busy to upgrade the box what with it hunting season.  Windstream is a total rip-off!  Never get Windstream!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2012 07:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Windstream/internet/Windstream-slow-speed-internet-service-Download-speed-1-Upload-speed-2-I-pay-for-30-970774. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Windstream

Comment on slow Windstream

AUTHOR: OKSuze - (United States of America)

I live in Oklahoma and was, too, a Windstream customer.  In September I finally was fed up with the slow internet speed and called them.  I was told by the woman to whom I spoke that she checked with their technical people and was told that they were aware of a "latency" problem in my area but could not say when or IF it would be fixed.  On October 2 I called to cancel all of my services with them (including the bundled Dish Network service) and it has been nothing but a nightmare since then.  Windstream wants to charge me for service I did NOT receive between October 6 and November 3.

Dish Network hasn't sent me boxes in which to return my leased equipment to them (although they assured me on October 2 that they would do that).  It is still going to cost me $17.00 per box to ship back the Dish Network equipment and I have 3 sets of their equipment.  So, that will cost $51.00. Then, this morning I received a call from Dish threatening to charge my credit card for the unreturned equipment.

After explaining AGAIN that they have never sent the boxes, they now assure me once more that they will send them.  I have learned a valuable lesson here--NEVER do business with Windstream or Dish Network!   I filed a complaint with Ripoff Report with the title "Windstream wants to charge me for services I did not receive" (or something like that) and received a reply from Amanda in their "help" department.  You may go to my report to read more about this debacle.  Good luck with your complaint!