• Report: #819436

• Updated: Mon, August 13, 2012

• Reported By: Mel — Santa Rosa California United States of America
Wine Country Bridal
3201 Cleveland Ave Santa Rosa, California United States of America

Wine Country Bridal Damaged my WEDDING GOWN and has NOT FIXED IT Santa Rosa, California

*Author of original report: Problem fixed, thank you.

To this date NOTHING has been resolved, after numerous phone calls and messages not one person has bothered to be in touch. I waited 3 months for some response or indication that this company cares about it's reputation and customers, so far in my experience they don't care. And this is the letter I wrote after my wedding was over and I came home from my honeymoon.

October 29th 2011

Dear Cirkl and David,

Here you will find enclosed in this envelope a receipt for the outside alterations provided to me by "the other bridal shop", due to the damages of my gown by your shop, in the amount of sixty-five dollars, payable now.

I am completely mortified by how this entire process came to fruition, and I will be hard pressed to suggest, recommend or even step foot in your shop ever again. I purchased a perfect gown, and left your shop angry, confused and filled with deep anxiety over a damaged gown, that had zero time left to be fixed.

The gals you have running around in your store are clueless and ill equipped to handle anything more than answering phones and taking messages, even that was noted, as being a difficult task.

As I stated to you on the phone, you lost a lot of business from me. From Tuxedo rentals, to bridesmaids dresses, and invitations. Your customer service in these areas fell nothing less than short of expectations, and we went elsewhere due to the treatment we received. The lack of attentiveness, customer service, poorly managed time schedules, poor communication, lack of urgency in the demeanor of the girls and lastly, the most important, the damage to my once perfect gown, left me speechless, and utterly disappointed.

At one point I had the utmost faith in your company and all that was ruined, not only the above stated, but when I was subsequently blamed for the damage done to my dress. Appalling is the only way I can describe the way I felt that Monday when I saw the damaged, wrinkled and unkempt fashion my dress was given to me in. What also angers me about this entire fiasco was the level of disrespect I was given when the damage was noted. Leaving me to sit in your store while I anxiously awaited some sign that rescue was on the way to fix the problems. And so I sat and I sat. For almost an hour for someone to call and confirm they would be right there to fix the problem. However, that was not the case. I left your store so angry I could not speak, and shaking by the time I reached "the other bridal shop."

How could you allow a bride to leave your store with a dress in the condition mine was given to me, without the oversight of a professional to ensure its perfection? This was purely inconceivable how this was handled.

I know we discussed having my gown preserved as a way to "compensate" me for the troubles that were caused, however, as I look back on my wedding day and recall the way I felt when I received my gown, anxiety welled again in my heart and I looked at my once perfect gown and only saw the damage that had been done to it. No one else may have noticed the damage to my once perfect dress, but I sure did.

I would appreciate correspondence from you upon receipt of this letter, so we may discuss further actions that may possibly rectify this situation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2012 04:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wine-Country-Bridal/Santa-Rosa-California-/Wine-Country-Bridal-Damaged-my-WEDDING-GOWN-and-has-NOT-FIXED-IT-Santa-Rosa-California-819436. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wine Country Bridal

Problem fixed, thank you.

AUTHOR: Mel - (United States of America)

I have to hand it to them, both Cirkl and David managed to make amends with me. I'm very impressed with their diligence. After writing my previous review, it was like magic that I began receiving phone calls. And call they did. I have to admit I was not receptive to their efforts at first, as I was still very hurt by the way I was treated at their store, but I eventually gave in, and made an appointment to meet with them. Both were so eager to discuss EVERYTHING in gross detail from the moment I first stopped in to my final gown pick-up and everything in between. No issue was left unaddressed. The three of us sat around the shop after hours and chatted like we were old friends, I felt welcomed and heard, which was what I was missing from them initially. We all finally came to a compromise and my dress was going to be preserved at their expense. Wow, my gown looks beautiful, and per David, was preserved twice. The first time it came back to their shop David said " It was not up to my standards, so it was sent back..." Impressive, since I would have noticed the flaws as well. His attention to detail this time around is commended. Thank you for your dedication to making "my" disastrous situation bearable by being so understanding and thoughtful, and for personally hand delivering my dress to me at my doorstep. I'm honestly speechless at their dedication to make this ending a positive experience...Cirkl and David really went above and beyond and I truly appreciate what they did for me. I only wish I was getting married again so we could truly have the opportunity to "go back and do it again." However, this outcome is more than I could have asked for. Thank you.