Complaint Review: Wine Insiders

• Submitted: Wed, May 25, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, May 25, 2011

• Reported By: Mandylee78 — Morton Illinois U.S.A.
Wine Insiders
PO BOX 8010 Internet United States of America

Wine Insiders Bait and Switch -- offered Groupon and used my info to charge wine to my debit card, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Wine is HORRID

*Consumer Comment: I purchased the same Groupon.

I purchased a Groupon for Wine Insiders for $25 to get $75 in credit.  I went to wineinsiders.com and picked out wine.  I went to check out and before I could enter the Groupon in the gift certificate section it forced me to enter my personal information including my debit card.  I did so and hit enter.  A message came up on the screen that said the coupon was invalid.  I tried again.  The same thing happened.  I contacted Groupon and they refunded my $25.  This was 8 days ago.  I never heard anything from Wine Insiders though they had my phone number, address and email address.  This morning my card was charged over $100 by Wine Insiders.

I called them to have the charge reversed and was informed that there was wine coming to my house today -- I have to miss work, sit here and wait so that I can refuse the delivery and only then will they return the money to my account.  I have incurred bank fees, missed pay and am still waiting for this delivery.  I never ordered anything.  I backed out of the screen.  I never received any confirmation of an order and although the website says an order takes 4 weeks or more, this has all taken place in 1 week.

I stated to Groupon the day this happened that I felt like Wine Insiders was running some kind of scam by gathering my information in this manner and was afraid that this might happen.  Nonetheless, I am aghast that it has.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/25/2011 09:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wine-Insiders/internet/Wine-Insiders-Bait-and-Switch-offered-Groupon-and-used-my-info-to-charge-wine-to-my-de-732960. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wine Insiders

Wine is HORRID

AUTHOR: RLS2BE - ()

Anyone who claims they ordered from Wineinsiders more than once is either from the company, or has absolutley no tastebuds and/or has an iron-clad stomach! I have been drinking fine wines for 30 years, and these wines are worse than what comes in a box, yet at 3-10X the price!

I purchased the same Groupon.

AUTHOR: VinnyZ66 - (USA)

At first, the coupon code would not work but I just waited until the next day and then it worked fine.

I have purchased other items from Wine Insiders and I have had not issues.

Note:  Always have wine shipped to a business address as someone over 21 must sign for it.