Complaint Review: WineChateau.com

• Updated: Thu, March 29, 2012

• Reported By: Charles — New Market Maryland United States of America
WineChateau.com
85 Central Ave Metuchen, New Jersey United States of America

WineChateau.com Saurabh Abrol, CEO Won't replace broken bottle of liquor sent to home Metuchen, New Jersey

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Official Wine Chateau Response

*UPDATE Employee: BS

I have been a loyal customer for many years--maybe not a high-volume customer, but relied on no one else for wine & liquor shipments. Ordered two bottles of Johnny Walker Blue on Dec 5, 2011 (order #WC248147). Both intended as Christmas presents. Paid by credit card, and full price was charged. Package arrived on Dec. 16--one bottle ok; one bottle cracked from neck to base and empty of liquid. Called customer service immediately to complain and ask for replacement in time for Christmas. Was informed they would send me a return mailer to get them back the ruined bottle for their examination. Having heard nothing by the next day, I emailed them photos proving the bottle was cracked all the way down its length and was empty, though the seal had never been broken nor the cap opened. Was promised a return mail voucher by email by 3 PM Sunday. I sent an email proving that the weight I received matched the sending weight on the package, which revealed that one bottle was empty even before they shipped it to me. [continued below]....
..... Having gotten nothing by Monday, Dec 19, I called again. Was told I didn't need to worry about proving anything; my word was good enough, and a replacement would go out right away--that I'd be getting an email that day or the next from the shipping department verifying shipment.

No bottle, but by Tuesday, Dec. 20 I got the mailing label to return the broken bottle. I wrapped the package immediately as instructed and arranged for package pick-up on Wednesday, Dec. 21 and it should have arrived by the next day (only travelling from Maryland to New Jersey). No response for a whole week, so I called the management offices rather than customer service on Wednesday, Dec. 28. Received an apology for the delay and was told the replacement would go out that day and I would receive it today, Dec. 29. Not only has it not arrived, but I haven't even gotten an email verifying it has shipped.

Their website promises that all shipments are insured and that they take the headache out of online shopping. I have had nothing but headaches for weeks now trying to get them to honor their promise to replace broken bottles.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2012 04:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WineChateaucom/Metuchen-New-Jersey-08840/WineChateaucom-Saurabh-Abrol-CEO-Wont-replace-broken-bottle-of-liquor-sent-to-home-Metu-817472. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WineChateau.com

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Official Wine Chateau Response

AUTHOR: Saurabh - (United States of America)

My name is Saurabh Abrol and I am the CEO of Wine Chateau and I would like to take this time to respond to both the original post and the post from William Dennison.

William Dennison has never worked for our company and does not represent Wine Chateau in any way.  It's unfortunate that in this day and age people will misrepresent themselves in order to gain financial rewards.

In reference to the original poster, I'm always upset to hear when a customer has experienced issues with their order. Even though we invest in technology and staff to ensure these situations do not occur, some inevitably slip through the cracks. It is our policy to always replace broken bottles in a timely fashion with no additional costs to the customer. We will continue invest our time and efforts to minimize such situations.

I took the time to investigate this order and found that the replacement was shipped on January 9th, 10 days later. Clearly, this is too long and now we are putting new measures in place to minimize the occurrence of this issue during the busy holiday season.

Sincerely,

Saurabh Abrol
Wine Chateau
Chief Executive Officer

BS

AUTHOR: B. D. - (United States of America)

Yeah, this kinda sounds like bullshit to me. Sorry, you can easily see where the top has been tampered with. Maybe you should pay for what you consume. Stop this buttbanggottry. Please find a new company to do business with. Maybe they will buy your little scams. HOW DARE YOU DEFAME MY GOOD COMPANY. You are a lyer and our legal department will be in touch with you. We know who you are.

William Dennison