Complaint Review: Wingate Inn

• Submitted: Tue, March 28, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, March 28, 2006

• Reported By:Mesquite Texas
Wingate Inn
2421 ESE Loop 323 Tyler, Texas U.S.A.
  • Phone: 903-566-0600
  • Web:
  • Category: Hotel

Wingate Inn ripoff Charging my Bank card for their mistakes Tyler Texas

My wife has a family get together in April in Tyler Texas. So she calls the Wingate Inn in Tyler on March 20, 2006 to set up reservations. She reserves a room for April 21, 2006 through April 23, 2006.

She gives her bank card to reserve the room. On Friday March 24, 2006 a charge of $100.57 is placed on our account. She calls them to ask what the charge is for, they say because we didn't show up for her reservation on March 21, 2006.

Now first shouldn't they have to tell you their policy to charge you if you do not cancel on time. Which doesn't even matter since they are totally wrong. So this is where I got involved when they told her we should have made the right reservations.

On March 28, 2006 I called the hotel talked to a "Assistant manager" (Most likely some teen making minimum wage) Amber. She told me she took the call from my wife and she expressly remembers my wife telling her March 21,2006. (which is retarded how many people can remember a 5 min call a week ago when you business is to answer the phones) come to find out my wife called and talked to her earlier. So she had time to get her story straight.

She tells me I will have to talk to here manager April, but she has to call me back. April calls me back a hour later says that all charges stand, because Amber is a manager that trains other employees and couldn't have made a mistake. (I guess Wingate Tyler has those new Robots they ordered.)

I told her that amber is awesome and I want to hire her since she never makes mistakes. So she pass me on to the district manager in Longview, Texas a miss Chandra. She tells me that they have statistics that say that office is correct over 90% of the time. So I asked so if their are no mistakes made why is that not 100%.

She tells me they will not credit me my money cause we didn't call and cancel a reservation we did not make. I have left message with the corporate office and are waiting on their call.

Before I talk to these backwoods yokels I was willing to let them keep the money and credit my account when my wife stayed their. Now I will have to take my business Elsewhere.

Please if any one has had any problems with Wingate Inn, respond back to our email.

Christopher
Mesquite, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2006 06:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wingate-Inn/Tyler-Texas-75701/Wingate-Inn-ripoff-Charging-my-Bank-card-for-their-mistakes-Tyler-Texas-183800. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wingate Inn