Complaint Review: Winham Professionals

• Submitted: Thu, December 04, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, December 04, 2008

• Reported By:Springfield Massachusetts
Winham Professionals
http://www.windhampros.com/ Salem, New Hampshire U.S.A.

Winham Professionals Account "Paid In Full" Not Actually Paid In Full Salem New Hampshire

*Author of original report: Windham Professionals Account "Paid In Full" Not Actually Paid In Full Salem New Hampshire

Myrace
Springfield, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2008 11:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Winham-Professionals/Salem-New-Hampshire-03079/Winham-Professionals-Account-Paid-In-Full-Not-Actually-Paid-In-Full-Salem-New-Hampshire-397817. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Winham Professionals

AUTHOR: Myrace - (U.S.A.)

I've been getting calls at my home from a different collections agency. When I searched my records and realized there were no outstanding balances on anything, I rang them up to see what the problem was. A woman answered who told me I had a small leftover balance that needed to be paid, and told me the source of the claim. I recognized the name, and I told her that I had finished paying off that balance months ago with Windham Professionals. When this woman heard the name of that company, she gave a heavy sigh and said "Oh God, not another one". She went on to explain that Windham Professionals had been causing a lot of problems for many, many accounts, because they had been neglecting to tell their clients about unpaid interest. In other words, people who thought they had finished paying off their debt, actually hadn't. I was one of those accounts, and the woman I was speaking to said "This has been going on for months and I'm getting tired of explaining the situation to people." This woman was very helpful toward me, saying that she wouldn't let any additional interest or charges accumulate on the account, and that after it was paid off she would send me a letter of confirmation that would "hold up in any court of law". So, if you have an account with these people, have them tell you EVERYTHING, and either make sure you are paying everything, or have them send you a letter after your final payment stating that the account was paid in full. Because it may come back to bite you later. Myrace Springfield, Massachusetts

AUTHOR: Myrace - (U.S.A.)

I've been getting calls at my home from a different collections agency. When I searched my records and realized there were no outstanding balances on anything, I rang them up to see what the problem was. A woman answered who told me I had a small leftover balance that needed to be paid, and told me the source of the claim. I recognized the name, and I told her that I had finished paying off that balance months ago with Winham Professionals. When this woman heard the name of that company, she gave a heavy sigh and said "Oh God, not another one". She went on to explain that Winham Professionals had been causing a lot of problems for many, many accounts, because they had been neglecting to tell their clients about unpaid interest. In other words, people who thought they had finished paying off their debt, actually hadn't. I was one of those accounts, and the woman I was speaking to said "This has been going on for months and I'm getting tired of explaining the situation to people." This woman was very helpful toward me, saying that she wouldn't let any additional interest or charges accumulate on the account, and that after it was paid off she would send me a letter of confirmation that would "hold up in any court of law". So, if you have an account with these people, have them tell you EVERYTHING, and either make sure you are paying everything, or have them send you a letter after your final payment stating that the account was paid in full. Because it may come back to bite you later. Myrace Springfield, Massachusetts