likes

• Submitted: Thu, May 31, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, May 31, 2007

• Reported By:Orlando Florida
Winn-Dixie
winndixie.com Orlando, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 407-282-1058
  • Web:
  • Category: Employers

Winn-Dixie Hard Labor With Minimum Pay ripoff Orlando Florida

Winn dixie you think its a good place to shop and people love thier meat but what about the employes? Sure they get 10% off sat and sun but thats not enough. we get poor benifits and we do a lot more work then we are suppose to cause the manager is too lazy!

I've been working for them for 1yr 1/2 now i started at min which was 6.40 then they raised the min to 6.67 then when my year came around they raised it to 6.98 there telling me that they gave me the highest possible increase im like umm.. ok so we are running short on cashiers so what do they do they hire some more. They started 2 of them at $7 with no experience and i was head cashier at the time. winn-dixie policy states that we are not allowed to share our wage but we all know that we do anyways.

so once i found out i go to Don (second in comand in the store) and he says "thats not right" but yet he still does nothing about it. he knows him self that i work my ass of they made me open at 6 am and i was 16 at the time. we all know thats against the law but they dont care.

i started as a bagger and went to cashier in 3 months and head cashier in 1 month afterwards then my store closed down i got transferd then they used me for cashier, stock, bagger, produce, bakery, and dairy. im still a minor im only 17 they still ask me to open once in a while and im despretly trying to find a job that doesnt envlove grocery im sick of it.bakery and produce u have to be 18. they use me at the service desk also but i dont mind that. still getting paid 6.98 and they cut my hrs by 2-3 days. i got to pay for my phone= $70
my car insurace= $50
ac for car = $655
take my girl on dates every week or so = $35
gas per week= $40

its not easy dont apply at winn dixie they will take ur money not give it to u

Mark
Orlando, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2007 10:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Winn-Dixie/Orlando-Florida-32807/Winn-Dixie-Hard-Labor-With-Minimum-Pay-ripoff-Orlando-Florida-251573. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Winn-Dixie