Complaint Review: Winners International Las Vegas

• Updated: Wed, January 04, 2012

• Reported By: Jean2251 — Bend Oregon United States of America
Winners International Las Vegas
303 Corson St. Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

Winners International Las Vegas Peter Cashmore SCAM!!!! Very strong accent, claiming to be calling from Las Vegas, informing me of a large sweepstakes prize. Las Vegas, Nevada

Red Flags went up immediately when I got a call from Winners International Las Vegas.  The man on the call had a very heavy accent and was difficult to understand.  He told me his name was Peter Cashmore ...  and I started laughing ..... a very creative fake name, eh??  He undoubtedly was hoping he could CASH MORE money once he found another sucker.

He had the exact same story as other reports I've read when I Googled "Winners International Las Vegas".  I told him his story sounded very suspicious and was probably a scam.  He assured me that Winners International was in good standing with the Better Business Bureau and offered to send me the documents & certificates via email.

I received the attachments and viewed them (didn't download them).  OMG - They look like a 8-year-old created them.  They are loaded with misspellings, grammar & punctuation errors and poorly-done cut & paste graphics (USA Presidential Seal, State of Nevada Seal, and phony-looking certificate stamps).

Needless to say, this has SCAM written all over it.  It's hard to believe that people actually fall prey to things like this but I know it happens.  My own 86-year-old mother very nearly sent off $4000.00 to her "grandson" in Canada when she got a urgent call from "him".  She actually went to 3 different banks to get the cash!  Fortunately, the last bank teller told mom she should check out the story before sending the money.   Please continue to alert our vulnerable senior citizens of these scams!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2012 09:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Winners-International-Las-Vegas/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89103/Winners-International-Las-Vegas-Peter-Cashmore-SCAM-Very-strong-accent-claiming-to-be-818157. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Winners International Las Vegas