Complaint Review: Winners International

• Submitted: Fri, April 13, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, April 13, 2012

• Reported By: Daizy Zee — Columbia Missouri United States of America
Winners International
1104 w 96th st, Kansas City, MO 63052 Kansas City, Missouri United States of America

Winners International John Blale, Bertie Heidel, Sean-Michael Spetgrave, Mr. Anderson Winner International claims I've won Porche, send insurance money via Western Union Kansas City, Missouri

SCAM ALERT: Yesterday I got a call from someone claiming to be John Blake, saying that I'd won a 2011 black Porche, and that all I had to do was pay the insurance on the car, and they'd deliver it to me. In order to pay the insurance, I was to go the nearest Walmart, and, through Western Union, send $500 to Bertie Heidel, "a banker," in Lubbock, TX. (I googled Bertie Heidel, and she's not a banker.) He claimed he was from Joe Machens Ford in Kansas City and Winners International. I was sent an "official document" from Sean-Michael Spetgrave on letterhead with the Machens misspelled and a picture of the Porche that they're going to deliver to my home, after I pay the $500 insurance. I did a reverse phone search, and like others who have complained, the number, 876-377-3861, is in Jamaica. After googling Machens in KC, and finding nothing, I called the local Joe Machens Ford, here in Columbia, MO, and told them what was going on. They, of course, confirmed that there is no Machens Ford in Kansas City, and that this was a scam. The very kind service manager at Joe Machens is going to follow up with them, since they're using their (misspelled) company name as part of their scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2012 01:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Winners-International/Kansas-City-Missouri-63052/Winners-International-John-Blale-Bertie-Heidel-Sean-Michael-Spetgrave-Mr-Anderson-Winn-868234. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Winners International