Complaint Review: Winners Readers Service

• Updated: Thu, July 12, 2012

• Reported By: JAD — Cleveland Ohio United States of America
Winners Readers Service
Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

Winners Readers Service A few years ago I received a bill for $1100+ for magazines I didn't order; today I received a call about another order I never made Phoenix, Arizona

A few years ago I received a bill from Winners Readers Service for $1100+ for a multi-magazine subscription I never made.  I did receive magazines, but I threw them away since I usually don't read magazines and I certainly didn't want to read the ones they were sending.  I called Winners Readers about the bill, and I received a return call.  The rep insisted I ordered the magazines and as proof they could provide tapes on the phone for me to hear myself ordering them.  I told him to stop sending the unwanted magazines and take me off their list.  I also said I would not pay for something I never asked for.

Today I received a call from Winners Readers telling me that I had a late payment due.  He said it was on a subscription from a second order I had placed--again, something I had never done.  In fact he followed that up saying that I made a third order in March and that he had me on tape placing the order.  He placed the tape for me to listen to over the phone, and I clearly was not listening to myself placing an order, as anyone else would be able to tell, yet he insisted it sounded like me!!  That's where I got upset, about  (1) being called a liar; and (2) being ripped off--again.
I hung up the phone.  Here's a laugh.  He called back and asked why I hung up!  I informed him that in fact he was harassing me and I wouldn't stand for it.  Hung up again.  Haven't heard since.

Things that should be mentioned about Winners Readers Service, things I noticed when I first received the $1100 bill:  The bills come on Xerox paper, not professional letterhead/paper; Winners Readers' address is a P.O.Box, with no established street address; bill comes in an envelop from a box of 50 bought at a drugstore (that's my characterization); there is no return address on the envelop; when they called me, my caller ID read "private," no numerto contact them; absolutely nothing professional is displayed in their written or oral (they got rude and billigerent on the phone), communications/bills.   Finally, all because of that I'm changing my phone number.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2012 08:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Winners-Readers-Service/Phoenix-Arizona-85069/Winners-Readers-Service-A-few-years-ago-I-received-a-bill-for-1100-for-magazines-I-didn-911304. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Winners Readers Service