Complaint Review: Winners Readers Service

• Submitted: Sun, September 28, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, September 28, 2008

• Reported By:Rural Washington
Winners Readers Service
2411 W Northern Ave Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Winners Readers Service This company is absolutely fraudulant. Their selling, billing and collection practices are EXTREMELY suspicious! Phoenix Arizona

This company has been attempting to collect multiple large bills from me without providing written or other detailed documentation that I purchased anything from them. I do not believe that I have ever ordered anything from this company and I feel that their business practices are aggressive, deceitful, and fraudulent.

Out of the blue I got a bill in the mail in or around May of 2008. I sent a note in with the bill stating that I was not sending any money because I didn't purchase anything and I wanted any subscriptions etc. under my name canceled. I received a phone call in June 2008 from a Winners Readers Service representative. This woman was extremely aggravated and aggressive with me, claiming that I owed the company approximately $324. I tried to explain that I did not order anything from them but she was very angry and demanding, claiming that they had me on tape and I did in fact owe them money. I refuted her claim and told her that the debit card they claimed I gave them had been breached and out of use for some time. The conversation became extremely heated and I felt like I wasn't getting anywhere so I asked them to send me a detailed bill in the mail. I went online and canceled every magazine subscription that comes to my home in my name, regardless of the company through which I subscribed.

I then received two separate collection notices with two different account numbers (both dated July 30, 2008). One claimed that I owed them $660 and the other claimed I owed them $798. Neither bill stated what I owed them money for. I was not able to contact the company during their normal business hours. One month later (August 2008) I received a set of bills (again, with two different account numbers) claiming I owe them $660 and $798. The woman had never mentioned any other account on the phone. I called the number on the bill during their business hours and left a message. A man named John returned my phone call from a private number. When I disputed the purchases and bill and told him that I was contacting the Better Business Bureau he seemed very agitated. Then he claimed that he had a tape recording of me purchasing magazines through his company. I disputed this. He told me that he had already sent a notice to me stating that the bill had been sent to another company so that they could collect on it and I would be charged a thirty something dollar fee as well as $20 transaction fees for every time they had tried to bill my debit card and it was denied. I have not received this notice. He also claimed that they were taking legal action against me. I don't know if the they that he spoke of was Winners Readers Service or the other. I told him to send me a detailed bill and copies of the tapes that he claims to have and that was the end of the conversation.

I have never knowingly purchased anything from this company. The first time I ever heard of this company was the bill that I received from them in May and they will not tell me exactly what I purchased from them or to let me hear the tapes that they claim to have. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and I suggest that anyone else who is having problems with this company do so as well. Check them out on the BBB website and file a complaint as soon as possible if you are having problems with them. Calling them directly is a hassle because they (1) never answer the phone, (2) are extremely rude and aggressive and (3) always call back from a private number that is unavailable so you cannot call them directly. FRAUDS!!

Missjavajitters
Rural, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2008 07:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Winners-Readers-Service/Phoenix-Arizona/Winners-Readers-Service-This-company-is-absolutely-fraudulant-Their-selling-billing-and-376685. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Winners Readers Service