Complaint Review: Wintec

• Updated: Sat, June 23, 2012

• Reported By: Dan The Man — AUGUSTA Georgia United States of America
Wintec
Milpitas, California United States of America

Wintec Filemate Sold a cheap chinese pos keyboard, then tried to have the negative feedback removed. Milpitas, California

I bought the Wintec FileMate B2010 Standard Keyboard and Mouse combo as a cheap alternative in March 2012. But, the keyboard is not compatible with Win 7. The AD for this keyboard does not say what version of Windows the keyboard is compatible for, it only says "Windows". I have 4 computers; 2 run Win7 Ultimate, and the other 2 run Win XP Professional SP2. The keyboard worked great on the 2 running XP, but it did not work at all on the 2 running Win7 so I'm positive it was the keyboard not my computers.

I contact the manufacturer (Wintec) about the issue, and was told there is no drivers for it that it is plug -n- play. That there was nothing more they can do. The mouse worked fine on Windows 7 though, just the keyboard was giving me issues. I really wanted to keep the keyboard/mouse, but Wintec wasn't giving me much choice but to return it for refund so I can go buy a better name brand.

- I rebooted the machine
- I tried "searching for drivers" using Win XP Pro o/s disc since the keyboard worked with XP
- I tried asking Wintec for support at one point they stopped responding to my e-mails
- I tried googling various keywords to find a solution which was more helpful than wintec's support representative
- I tested it on 4 different computers.

I finally gave up, took the keyboard/mouse back to walmart for a refund, and bought a ONN keyboard/Logitech mouse that worked perfectly with win7. The mouse was part of the bundled sale so I had to return it as well even though it worked with Win7. Since I bought the wintec filemate B2010 keyboard/mouse bundle from walmart's online store, I was sent an e-mail to leave feedback about the product. Which I did, nothing bad, just something to let people know its a great deal for people who don't have windows 7. That was deleted, I didn't think much about it until this week when I noticed another thread I made on Yahoo Answers! asking if anyone had any advice on what I could do to make the keyboard work with Win7 was also deleted. Which would explain why the Wintec Support Rep I spoke to (before he started ignoring me) said their products had a lot of positive feedback. I'm guessing Wintec tries to have any complaints about their products removed.

In short, I would like to say that I have nothing against Wintec. I didn't even have any intentions of even filing this report on this website until previous posts on other websites was deleted. After communicating with the shady support rep I wouldn't be surprised if wintec was the ones behind having my negative feedback about their keyboard removed. All I wanted was a keyboard and mouse that worked with win7, when that didn't happen, I got another one (no big deal, mistakes happens), and left feedback about the other one to warn future buyers since wintec didn't list what versions of windows was supported. I would think a new keyboard would support Win7 (unless stated otherwise) though.

Thank You for your time, and I hope this report helps at least one person from buying a Wintec Filemate B2010 Keyboard thinking it will work with Windows 7. I'm not trying to discourage anyone from buying wintec products. I just want to help inform people about wintec's shady marketing technique.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2012 12:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wintec/Milpitas-California-95035/Wintec-Filemate-Sold-a-cheap-chinese-pos-keyboard-then-tried-to-have-the-negative-feedbac-901656. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wintec