Complaint Review: Wippy.com/za

• Submitted: Thu, April 25, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, April 25, 2013

• Reported By: Malie — Bonnievale Internet

Wippy.com/za Deceiving internet advert Internet

On 5 Apr 2013 an advert appeared on Facebook as many others, advertising free products to be claimed.  I clicked on the ad and landed on a web requesting registration before you can enter their web.  On doing so, it said that the email I provided was already in use, so I used my secondary email.
I was now on Wippy.com's auction page and saw all their good offers.  I made a bid on an iPod shuffle for R57.17 and paid for it with my cr card.  On 16 April I received an sms from my bank regarding a purchase from Ask-Wippy.com of R469.23.

I then remembered seeing something on my receipt about a 7 day free trial of membership, but was under the impression that I did not sign up for this membership, I only did the one bid, finish.  I immediately send them an email about the money taken from my credit card without permission and that I do not want membership.

Up to now I have been to and thro with Wippy regarding this matter.  I had to send them screen shots of my bank account to prove that this money was taken from my account.

Today I received a final reply that when I did the bid on the iPod, I was automatically signed up for membership and they cannot refund me, but membership will be cancelled without further montly fees .

Please tell me if there is anything else I can do to stop these people, because I'm sure that I am not the first person to be ripped off like this with misleading ads and luring you into unwanted membership just because you bought one article.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2013 04:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wippycomza/internet/Wippycomza-Deceiving-internet-advert-Internet-1046054. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wippy.com/za