• Report: #199631

• Submitted: Thu, July 06, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, July 06, 2006

• Reported By:jackson, ms 39211 usa Mississippi
WireFly - Inphonic
wirefly.com Washington DC, Internet, Washington DC U.S.A.

WireFly ripoff rebates RAZR V3 -150 to 210 days Inphonic Washington DC internet

I ordered 2 Motorola RAZR phones in July 2005, hoping to get the $170 "Customer Loyalty Rebate", i.e a total of $340 in rebates.

In my case the Bill/Invoice showing that my balances were paid in full had to be dated between a time span of 150 to 210 days after activation. I went for the 210 day ie 7 bill periods.

However, on the same form, there is also a statement that says that rebate forms have to be postmarked no earlier than 180 days after activation and no later than 210 days after activation. The 210 days(after activation) is impossible to meet if one goes with the 210 days billing period, which is what happened in my case. My claim was denied because I was 5 days over the 210 days postmark.

I was concentrating on the items that "mattered" like - dated sales receipt, UPC barcode, and the 7 bills from Cingular for the 7 billing periods.

I am retired and I wonder how many others are there like me to whom $340 is a significant amount. It is unfortunate that this company is resorting to these misleading practices to make a profit. It just isn't right.

Kanwal
jackson, ms 39211 usa, Mississippi

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2006 02:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WireFly-Inphonic/Washington-DC-Internet-Washington-DC/WireFly-ripoff-rebates-RAZR-V3-150-to-210-days-Inphonic-Washington-DC-internet-199631. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WireFly - Inphonic