lunch

• Reported By: anonymous — Belgrade Missouri
WiredTree.com

WiredTree.com Wired Tree Wired Tree Scams Customer - Ripoff, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Unfair and Untrue Complaint

If you're reading this, I advise you stay the heck away from WiredTree at all costs.

They have no problem lying to cover their mistakes, they will NOT give you your money back even when you have proof you were mislead by their own staff.

In fact if you read their TOS they say that if you dispute any charge, they will attempt to charge you an additional $75-$200 as an "administrative fee" because... well they're Wired Tree, and that's how they roll. (see here: https://www.wiredtree.com//legal/tos.php )

Did I mention that if they THINK you are spamming, you will be fined $250, or possibly $500? So don't let your box get hacked! EVER! Because you'll probably be out a grand the second a wordpress plugin goes out of date, gets compromised, and a hacker starts using your box to send email.

And in case you read that bit about "Nightly backups" and called to talk to sales who assured you that you just open a ticket and let them know you want to restore something, and presto there it is. Think again, on their TOS it states that you get charged for that too!

That's just for starters, you read the TOS and it's like "please do business with us so we can use the fine print to screw you every way from Sunday!"

I've used servInt, LimestoneNetworks (for dedicated servers), and now I'm on KnownHost (who are freaking awesome!!!!!), and I've always gotten a respectable level of service. WiredTree, in my experience, is the scum at the bottom of the barrel that uses small text in their TOS to extort money from their customers whenever they get the chance.

Seriously, save yourself the headache and go with ANYONE ELSE! You won't be sorry! Unless you try wired tree, but if you're reading this YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

In my case I talked with sales and explained my situation, I was scaling down from a dedicated box and needed 10 IP addresses on the VPS. They said "No problem!" But I would have to order the service first and only then could I submit a ticket for the IP addresses, they would be $1 a month per IP. The guy I spoke to Salvador Perez, seemed very nice and assured me that it would not be a problem. I went ahead and placed my order.

That same day I paid and opened up a ticket asking for additional IP addresses. My needs are pretty specific as I do application testing for a proprietary real estate software that runs RETS services. I won't go into technical details but the way the software was built it requires a dedicated IP per client. I had been upfront about the number of IPs I needed with sales because without the additional IPs the VPS was useless to me.

The response I got back when I requested IPs was that I needed to provide a reason for the IPs. I thought okay, little strange but sure why not? I explained my needs again to support. The response I received back was: "Having the need to listen on a certain port is not a technical justification for additional IPs." Request denied. And if I wanted more address, I should read though this and make sure it adheres to this cryptic unclear policy:

When i said I opened up a ticket hours after purchasing saying that I would have never bought the VPS if I had been told this was "not allowed", and that I had spoken to sales and was told this would be no problem. I was told sales would never had promised that. So I must be lying.

When I responded to the ticket with a copy of the email I had sent to sales prior to getting the server. An email showing I had asked these same questions to the sales staff, they had called instead of responding to the email, including the person I talked to, and that only after talking to him had I moved forward with the server, I got this response back:

=====
"I spoke with management on your behalf. I've been authorized to grant you a partial refund of the initial coupon price minus the cost of the cPanel license and Fantastico license. I've emailed my supervisor to process a refund of $14.50 back to the card you'd used to order. She'll be processing this via the credit card merchant and I will update you once it has been completed."
=====

Keep in mind, I haven't had this service for 24 hours - maybe 5 hours! I was promised one thing, and then given another. THEY KNEW THIS! They knew that had messed up, yet even when they know beyond the shadow of a doubt that they were wrong, they refused to give a full refund much less apologize or admit they messed up!

Oh yeah, and it took 2 weeks to get my refund and some reminding on my part as they must have "forgotten" to process it. After the first week or so I was expecting them to delete my ticket and tell me "No we never promised you any refund!", but after waiting for quite a while I did get my "partial refund".

I'm still in shock that any company with this level of service, if you can even call it that, has any clients at all.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2013 04:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WiredTreecom/internet/WiredTreecom-Wired-Tree-Wired-Tree-Scams-Customer-Ripoff-Internet-1040435. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WiredTree.com

Unfair and Untrue Complaint

AUTHOR: WiredTree - ()

This ex-client is attempting to tarnish our reputation by reporting TOS rules that never happened to him. He has written the top half of the complaint with the intent to fool people into thinking this is an actual experience when this is not the case. Stating that "WiredTree uses their TOS to extort money" is an untrue and slanderous complaint.

The core of his complaint is that he ordered a VPS server from us, he received the service exactly as ordered but we would not sell him additional IP addresses because his reasons were against policy and he did not provide the proper technical justification. He repeatedly lied to our staff to skirt around our IP allocation rules in tickets TKF-924328, GKM-226932 and MSL-846667. Of which I can provide proof.

The client was never charged for a service he didn't receive and there is not a single ticket where he was promised additional IP's. This is all documented and within a ticketing system we can use to provide proof.