• Report: #209494

• Submitted: Tue, September 05, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, September 05, 2006

• Reported By:Greendale Wisconsin
Wirefly Infonic
Rebate Processing Center, PO Box 100550 White Bear Lake, Minnesota U.S.A.

Wirefly - InPhonic Nearly a year after purchase, 1 rebate approved, 1 denied, 2 under review ripoff White Bear Lake Minnesota

*Author of original report: Finally got through

I bought my 2 V3 Razors with Cingular, through wirefly in september of 2005. I waited the 6 months, documented and sent all rebate info on time and with delivery confirmation. Keep in mind there are 4 $100 rebates all requiring the same information.

Finally, two weeks ago, I receive a letter that states my first customer appreciation rebate (Claim ID 30401235) has been denied because "Dates of the wireless bill(s) you submitted with your rebate claim do not fall within the date range specified on the rebate claim form."

Two weeks later I receive a check from the second customer appreciation rebate, (Claim ID 30401216). Magically, that rebate has been approved.

Checking the website again today, I see that the last two customer loyalty rebates, (Claim IDs 30805158 and 30805159) are still being processed, check again in 3 to 4 weeks.

So, even though I sent 4 copies of the same wireless bill, one is deemed approved and the other denied. What kind of scam is this? I can't reach anyone on the phone, just get standard recordings and no one responds to my email. In a couple weeks it will be officially a year since I activated these phones.

Tim
Greendale, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2006 07:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wirefly-Infonic/White-Bear-Lake-Minnesota-55110-0550/Wirefly-InPhonic-Nearly-a-year-after-purchase-1-rebate-approved-1-denied-2-under-revi-209494. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wirefly Infonic

Finally got through

AUTHOR: Tim - (U.S.A.)

Talked to someone at InPhonic today. She told me all my rebates have been approved and should be mailed within 10 business days. I reported that the cellphonerebates site showed 1 denied and two under review. She transferred me to a "supervisor" who assured me all had been approved and will be mailed. She told me my name was entered incorrectly in the system and gave me 3 new claim IDs. So...each rebate has now had 3 claim IDs each. The original emailed to me. The second ID posted on the website. And the third just given to me over the phone. Talking to these peope reassured me that they have no clue what's going on. I'm never buying anything from these people again. I'll keep you posted as to when/if I receive the rest of my rebate checks.